Azam Khan says Kalyan factor cost SP dear in the hustings
Firozabad: Rebel Samajwadi Party leader Azam
Khan on Saturday lashed out at party chief Mulayam Singh Yadav
claiming that the latter`s association with former BJP leader
Kalyan Singh did the party in at the LoK Sabha elections.
Khan, who rebelled against party leadership for fielding
actress-turned politician Jayaprada in Rampur, claimed the
party had deviated from its basic ideology and turned towards
"The party could have won more than 50 Lok Sabha seats if
it had stuck to its basic ideology. But SP adopted Kalyan and
was forced to bite the dust (at the hustings)," he said at a
function held here on the occasion of Minority Rights Day.
The former minister, who was considered the Muslim face
of the party, had strong resevations against Mulayam cosying
up with former Chief Minister Kalyan Singh, who was convicted
by Liberhan Commission for demotion of Babri Masjid in 1992.
"When Kalyan Singh was himself admitting on television
that he pulled down the Babri Mosque, "dhartiputra"(Mulayam)
gave him the clean chit," Khan charged.
"Workers and farmers were the basic slogan of the party,
whom it deserted and turned towards fascism and adopted Kalyan
Singh that led to its debacle," he said.
Khan said he would neither join any party nor float any
political outfit. "I will wait for the right time to give a
befitting reply to those who betrayed me."
Khan said he "saluted people of Firozabad parliamentary
constituency, where Dimple Yadav -- Mulayam`s daughter-in-law
-- lost, for giving a befitting reply and avenging the insult
meted to the Muslim community".
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan - Part II
- DNA: Know why Jayalalithaa was buried and not cremated
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- Kapil Sharma renews contract, his latest fee will make your jaw drop!