Azam orders razing of house built under BSP regime
Lucknow: Uttar Pradesh minister Azam Khan on Monday directed demolition of houses built in his constituency under a government scheme during Mayawati`s rule after an inquiry found them of "poor quality".
"Urban Development Minister Mohammad Azam Khan has ordered Director State Urban Development Agency (SUDA) to demolish houses built under Integrated Housing Slum Development ProgramMe (IHSDP) and built new ones in his constituency Rampur," official sources said here.
An inquiry conducted on the direction of the minister into the quality of construction found the houses unsuitable for living.
Taking note of the inquiry report, the minister has ordered suspension of project officer of Rajkiya Nirman Nigam and other employees involved in the project and directed that the cots be recovered from them, they said.
The houses were constructed in previous Mayawati regime.
The Samajwadi Party government, which came into power in March, has scarpped dozens of schemes initiated under BSP`s rule.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on clashes at JNU over Afzal Guru row
- JNU students call terrorist Afzal Guru a martyr amid anti-nationalist slogans
- DNA: Siachen survivor Hanumanthappa fights for life as India prays for him
- DNA: JNU students clash over Afzal Guru row
- DNA: Know about world's highest battlefield Siachen
- Drunk girl creates ruckus in Delhi's Connaught Place; arrested - Watch
- JNU erupts over 'Shaheed Afzal Guru', 'Azad Kashmir'; rival student groups clash, police deployed
- AAP poster showing Arvind Kejriwal with Bhindranwale sparks row in Punjab
- Video of Hanumanthappa's rescue that went viral on social media is fake - Watch
- Paid sex: Good or bad? This girl was too eager to find out - Watch what happened!