Azam orders razing of house built under BSP regime
Lucknow: Uttar Pradesh minister Azam Khan on Monday directed demolition of houses built in his constituency under a government scheme during Mayawati`s rule after an inquiry found them of "poor quality".
"Urban Development Minister Mohammad Azam Khan has ordered Director State Urban Development Agency (SUDA) to demolish houses built under Integrated Housing Slum Development ProgramMe (IHSDP) and built new ones in his constituency Rampur," official sources said here.
An inquiry conducted on the direction of the minister into the quality of construction found the houses unsuitable for living.
Taking note of the inquiry report, the minister has ordered suspension of project officer of Rajkiya Nirman Nigam and other employees involved in the project and directed that the cots be recovered from them, they said.
The houses were constructed in previous Mayawati regime.
The Samajwadi Party government, which came into power in March, has scarpped dozens of schemes initiated under BSP`s rule.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Cashless transactions increased rapidly following note ban
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- Reliance Jio effect: Airtel offers free unlimited local and STD calls with 4G data at Rs 145
- PM Narendra Modi ropes in Nandan Nilekani to boost process of digital payments post demonetisation