Bareilly now has only night curfew
Bareilly: Day curfew was Friday lifted in Uttar Pradesh`s riot-hit Bareilly district but it will be clamped at night, the authorities said Friday.
With no fresh trouble, the curfew was lifted at 5 in the morning. It will be reinforced only at 10 pm, District Magistrate Anil Garg told a news conference here.
This is because the place is "peaceful and normal", Garg said in Bareilly, 250 km from Lucknow. "Considering the way the situation is turning normal, we will soon be in a position to lift the curfew completely."
The curfew was relaxed for 14 hours Thursday and for 11 hours Wednesday. All educational institutions are set to reopen March 22.
A minor communal clash over the passage of a Barawafat procession followed by sporadic arson March 2 led to curfew in several parts of Bareilly.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Furkan, not Tiger Memon, arrested in Pakistan
- Sonakshi Sinha silences Twitter troll for calling her ugly and it's epic!
- Sheena Bora murder case: Peter Mukerjea's statement recorded, police search his Worli residence
- Rafiabad encounter ends with one terrorist dead; an Army jawan also martyred
- Modi effect! Pakistan-occupied Kashmir wants to be part of India