Bareilly now has only night curfew
Bareilly: Day curfew was Friday lifted in Uttar Pradesh`s riot-hit Bareilly district but it will be clamped at night, the authorities said Friday.
With no fresh trouble, the curfew was lifted at 5 in the morning. It will be reinforced only at 10 pm, District Magistrate Anil Garg told a news conference here.
This is because the place is "peaceful and normal", Garg said in Bareilly, 250 km from Lucknow. "Considering the way the situation is turning normal, we will soon be in a position to lift the curfew completely."
The curfew was relaxed for 14 hours Thursday and for 11 hours Wednesday. All educational institutions are set to reopen March 22.
A minor communal clash over the passage of a Barawafat procession followed by sporadic arson March 2 led to curfew in several parts of Bareilly.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- India-Afghanistan thrash Pakistan over terrorism issue in Heart of Asia conference
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition extremely grave
- Watch: Tracing the journey of late Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa from films to politics
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa