BJP demands fresh graft case against Mayawati
Kanpur: Alleging rampant corruption in
the BSP regime in Uttar Pradesh, BJP on Thursday demanded that a
fresh case of disproportionate assets should be lodged against
Chief Minister Mayawati.
"We are sure Mayawati and her ministers have assets in
excess of their known sources of income and many of them are
already facing an inquiry. A fresh case of disproportionate
assets should be lodged against the CM and an inquiry should
be conducted into properties acquired by her after 2007," BJP
national vice-president Kalraj Mishra told reporters here.
Referring to Congress chief Sonia Gandhi`s yesterday`s
statement targetting BJP and team Anna, he said, "Such an
irresponsible statement was not expected from people sitting
on responsible post. She should first clarify what initiatives
she has taken to root out corruption."
In a public gathering at Uttarakhand, Gandhi had said
corruption cannot be eradicated by mere slogans and those
creating "hue and cry" should look within, a remark which has
sparked a political slugfest between Congress and BJP over the
issue of corruption.
Alleging that corruption has become a joint venture of
the Centre and UP government, Mishra alleged even public
health has been made a political issue.
"Even encephalitis has been made a political issue. While
people are dying, the Centre and the state are exchanging
allegations," he said.
Mishra said Kanpur which was known as `Manchester of the
East` has turned into a "centre of closed and sick industrial
"BSP government has derailed development...crime and
abduction has become a new industry in the state," he alleged.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- PM Modi calls meeting to review Indus Waters Treaty today
- Watch: Sushma Swaraj addresses the UN General Assembly
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi