BJP demands fresh graft case against Mayawati
Kanpur: Alleging rampant corruption in
the BSP regime in Uttar Pradesh, BJP on Thursday demanded that a
fresh case of disproportionate assets should be lodged against
Chief Minister Mayawati.
"We are sure Mayawati and her ministers have assets in
excess of their known sources of income and many of them are
already facing an inquiry. A fresh case of disproportionate
assets should be lodged against the CM and an inquiry should
be conducted into properties acquired by her after 2007," BJP
national vice-president Kalraj Mishra told reporters here.
Referring to Congress chief Sonia Gandhi`s yesterday`s
statement targetting BJP and team Anna, he said, "Such an
irresponsible statement was not expected from people sitting
on responsible post. She should first clarify what initiatives
she has taken to root out corruption."
In a public gathering at Uttarakhand, Gandhi had said
corruption cannot be eradicated by mere slogans and those
creating "hue and cry" should look within, a remark which has
sparked a political slugfest between Congress and BJP over the
issue of corruption.
Alleging that corruption has become a joint venture of
the Centre and UP government, Mishra alleged even public
health has been made a political issue.
"Even encephalitis has been made a political issue. While
people are dying, the Centre and the state are exchanging
allegations," he said.
Mishra said Kanpur which was known as `Manchester of the
East` has turned into a "centre of closed and sick industrial
"BSP government has derailed development...crime and
abduction has become a new industry in the state," he alleged.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- Jharkhand: Congress leader, 3 others killed in shootout in Dhanbad
- CM Yogi’s cleanliness drive: UP cops clean up police stations
- Do not put unnecessary pressure on police: PM Modi tells UP BJP MPs
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Kapil Sharma fight on flight row: Did Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar and Chandan Prabhakar skip shoot?
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister