BJP demands fresh graft case against Mayawati
Kanpur: Alleging rampant corruption in
the BSP regime in Uttar Pradesh, BJP on Thursday demanded that a
fresh case of disproportionate assets should be lodged against
Chief Minister Mayawati.
"We are sure Mayawati and her ministers have assets in
excess of their known sources of income and many of them are
already facing an inquiry. A fresh case of disproportionate
assets should be lodged against the CM and an inquiry should
be conducted into properties acquired by her after 2007," BJP
national vice-president Kalraj Mishra told reporters here.
Referring to Congress chief Sonia Gandhi`s yesterday`s
statement targetting BJP and team Anna, he said, "Such an
irresponsible statement was not expected from people sitting
on responsible post. She should first clarify what initiatives
she has taken to root out corruption."
In a public gathering at Uttarakhand, Gandhi had said
corruption cannot be eradicated by mere slogans and those
creating "hue and cry" should look within, a remark which has
sparked a political slugfest between Congress and BJP over the
issue of corruption.
Alleging that corruption has become a joint venture of
the Centre and UP government, Mishra alleged even public
health has been made a political issue.
"Even encephalitis has been made a political issue. While
people are dying, the Centre and the state are exchanging
allegations," he said.
Mishra said Kanpur which was known as `Manchester of the
East` has turned into a "centre of closed and sick industrial
"BSP government has derailed development...crime and
abduction has become a new industry in the state," he alleged.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BCCI announces Team India squad for Bangladesh tour
- IAF Mirage fighter plane lands on Yamuna Expressway!
- Kejriwal accuses Centre of trying to rule Delhi through LG
- 'Maggi' under regulatory scanner for excess amount of lead, MSG
- Watch: Michelle Obama's 'Gimme Five' fitness video
- Expect that Rahul will be Congress president in 2015: Jairam Ramesh
- When Subramanian Swamy shocked people at a wedding!
- Mumbaikars join hands to save Pakistani teen with rare illness
- DNA: Analysis of Hurriyat chief Syed Geelani's passport issue
- DNA: Analysis of traffic system of Vancouver, Canada
- Mumbai: Diamond export company denies job to Muslim youth
- Mirage 2000 fighter jet landing was part of capability demonstration: IAF
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 21, 2015
- DNA: IAF Mirage 2000 fighter plane lands successfully on Yamuna expressway
- DNA: Osama documents show 'Indian brother in Madinah' financed al Qaeda
- RBSE (rajresults.nic.in) Class 12th science and commerce results 2015: Rajasthan Board Class 12th XII exam results 2015 expected to be announced on May 21
- JAC 12th Inter Arts Result 2015: JAC 12th Inter Arts Result 2015 (jharkhandeducation.net) likely to be announced on Thursday May 21 at 1 PM
- RBSE (rajresults.nic.in) Class 12th science and commerce results 2015: Rajasthan Board Class 12th XII exam results 2015 to be announced today at 4 PM
- CBSE Class 10 Results 2015 to be announced today?
- IAF jet lands on Yamuna expressway
- Check Jharkhand Board jac.nic.in: Class 12th Art Results 2015 declared
- Andhra Pradesh EAMCET results 2015: Andhra Pradesh EAMCET results to be announced on May 21 at www.apeamcet.org
- Log on to apeamcet.org AP EAMCET Results 2015: Andhra Pradesh EAMCET Marks and AP EAMCET Ranks 2015 declared
- Fawad Khan doesn’t want intimate scenes with Sonam Kapoor?
- IPL 2015: Rajasthan Royals vs Royal Challengers Bangalore - As it happened...
- DHSE (dhsekerala.gov.in) 12th Result 2015: Kerala DHSE Class 12th XII exam results 2015 to be announced on May 21
- We hire only non-Muslim candidates, diamond export firm tells Muslim youth
- SSLC (tnresults.nic.in) Tenth 10th Results 2015: Tamil Nadu Board Class 10th X Higher Secondary exam results 2015 to be declared on May 21
- Is MSG in 'Maggi' noodles harmful for you?
- 'IAS officer DK Ravi possibly committed suicide, suffered big loss in real estate business'