BJP to launch toll-free number to connect with people in UP
Lucknow: To regain its lost base in politically sensitive Uttar Pradesh ahead of the upcoming Lok Sabha polls, BJP will launch a toll-free number to get suggestions and complaints from people and party workers.
"The party will launch a toll-free service on January 21 through which complaints and suggestions lodged by the people, specially the party workers, will reach the national leadership," party spokesman Vijay Bahadur Pathak told PTI.
Pathak said that the aim of the exercise was to take the party closer to the people as well as the workers.
He also said that on the start of `Atal Sankalp Yatra` on January 21, the party of former UP chief minister Kalyan Singh would merge with the BJP.
"On the same day, the party will start an ambitious toll free number on which any person from the state can lodge his complaint or suggestion," Pathak said.
He said that to launch the service, conceptualised by the state president Laxmi Kant Bajpai, the party has tied up with a private telecome operator.
The service would be launched by the party president Nitin Gadkari.
Pathak said that the dialer would have several options, "whether the caller wants to lodge a complaint related to the party or give a suggestion. Whether he has any problem with the government and local authorities and needs help," he said.
The spokesman said that if the complaint, suggestion or request would be of local level, then it would be forwarded to the concerned leader within 15 minutes.
He said that if the complaint or suggestion was of state or national level then it would be forwarded to the concerned leadership accordingly.
He said that the senior party leaders have already started reaching Lucknow for the yatra, which would mark Kalyan`s unofficial entry into BJP.
In Assembly polls held last year, the BJP, despite bombarding the state with its top level leaders failed to win the confidence of the electorates and it could manage only 47 seats.
The major cause behind the party`s poor display was cited to be the workers disenchantment.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA : When will Indian govt take strong actions against terrorism?
- Drunk girl assaults Mumbai police in Worli
- Arun Jaitley upset with Subramaniam Swami's Twitter attack
- Bombay HC to pronounce verdict on entry of woman to Haji Ali Dargah today
- DNA: When will Indian govt take strong actions against terrorism? - Part II
- Ringing Bells starts delivery of Freedom 251 smartphone from today
- Tiger Shroff and Disha Patani's latest video is CUTE! Watch here
- Lenovo K4 Note gets a price cut; available at Rs 10,999
- RSS trying to ''appease'' Muslims: Shiv Sena
- WATCH HIGHLIGHTS: Minnows Iceland dump mighty England out of Euro 2016