BJP workers hurl shoes at Varun Gandhi
Bareilly (UP): Agitated BJP workers on Friday
hurled shoes at the cavalcade of party MP Varun Gandhi after
he allegedly refused to attend a function in Nawabganj tehsil
The BJP MP was scheduled to dedicate to the public Guru
Govind Singh park and Naagpanchami mela chowk, for which
preparations were made by Nawabganj Nagar Palika Parishad,
party sources said here.
Though Gandhi reached Nawabganj he allegedly refused to
attend the pre-scheduled programme, which irked the party
workers, they said.
The workers showed black flags to the MP and hurled shoes
on his cavalcade, sources said.
Organiser of the programme and chairman of the Parishad
Kunwar Ravindra Singh Rathore said the programme was fixed by
BJP and the workers got agitated due to Gandhi`s "refusal".
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on clashes at JNU over Afzal Guru row
- DNA: JNU students clash over Afzal Guru row
- JNU students call terrorist Afzal Guru a martyr amid anti-nationalist slogans
- Panel discussion on clashes at JNU over Afzal Guru row- Part II
- PM Modi breaks protocol to receive Abu Dhabi Crown Prince Al Nahyan
- Drunk girl creates ruckus in Delhi's Connaught Place; arrested - Watch
- JNU erupts over 'Shaheed Afzal Guru', 'Azad Kashmir'; rival student groups clash, police deployed
- AAP poster showing Arvind Kejriwal with Bhindranwale sparks row in Punjab
- Video of Hanumanthappa's rescue that went viral on social media is fake - Watch
- Digangana Suryavanshi chops off her mane on Salman Khan's advice—See pics!