BJP workers hurl shoes at Varun Gandhi
Bareilly (UP): Agitated BJP workers on Friday
hurled shoes at the cavalcade of party MP Varun Gandhi after
he allegedly refused to attend a function in Nawabganj tehsil
The BJP MP was scheduled to dedicate to the public Guru
Govind Singh park and Naagpanchami mela chowk, for which
preparations were made by Nawabganj Nagar Palika Parishad,
party sources said here.
Though Gandhi reached Nawabganj he allegedly refused to
attend the pre-scheduled programme, which irked the party
workers, they said.
The workers showed black flags to the MP and hurled shoes
on his cavalcade, sources said.
Organiser of the programme and chairman of the Parishad
Kunwar Ravindra Singh Rathore said the programme was fixed by
BJP and the workers got agitated due to Gandhi`s "refusal".
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- China condemns Pakistan over Uri terror attack
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Onam Bumper Lottery/Kerala Thiruvonam Bumper-2016 BR-51 draw result declared - Here is the winning ticket number
- Uri attack: Israel ready to help India with cutting-edge technology to secure borders
- India's Rafale vs Pakistan's F-16: Why the French fighter jet is the best choice for dogfight
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31
- Meanwhile, Russian forces arrive in Pakistan for `Friendship 2016` joint military drill