BJP workers hurl shoes at Varun Gandhi
Bareilly (UP): Agitated BJP workers on Friday
hurled shoes at the cavalcade of party MP Varun Gandhi after
he allegedly refused to attend a function in Nawabganj tehsil
The BJP MP was scheduled to dedicate to the public Guru
Govind Singh park and Naagpanchami mela chowk, for which
preparations were made by Nawabganj Nagar Palika Parishad,
party sources said here.
Though Gandhi reached Nawabganj he allegedly refused to
attend the pre-scheduled programme, which irked the party
workers, they said.
The workers showed black flags to the MP and hurled shoes
on his cavalcade, sources said.
Organiser of the programme and chairman of the Parishad
Kunwar Ravindra Singh Rathore said the programme was fixed by
BJP and the workers got agitated due to Gandhi`s "refusal".
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Yuvraj Singh takes up Shoaib Malik's challenge, puts on his dancing shoes
- SC to resume hearing on Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's mercy plea on Tuesday
- Lalu Prasad Yadav arrested as RJD bandh cripples life in Bihar
- Exercise, healthy food prevent knee pain in adults with diabetes
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'