Bodies of three minor girls found in Uttar Pradesh
Lucknow: The mutilated bodies of three minor girls have been found lying near the railway tracks in a town in Uttar Pradesh`s Hardoi district, police said Monday.
The bodies of girls, aged seven to eight, were recovered late Sunday from Shahbad town, about 110 km from here.
"We are yet to ascertain whether it is a case of murder or accidental death. Anything with confirmation can be said only after the post-mortem reports that are awaited," police inspector Javed Khan told reporters in Hardoi.
"All the bodies are mutilated. We are making efforts for the identification of the bodies," he said.
According to police, the three bodies were spotted by some passers-by in the area.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- J&K: Suspected Pakistani spy arrested in Samba district
- DNA: Reporting on war against ISIS in Mosul
- Kerala: Medical college prohibits girls from wearing jeans, noisy ornaments
- Ramgopal Yadav writes letter to SP party workers after Akhilesh Yadav sacked Shivpal Yadav
- Ramgopal Yadav writes to SP workers after Akhilesh Yadav suspends Shivpal Yadav
- India vs New Zealand, 3rd ODI: As it happened...
- Samajwadi Party feud intensifies: Shivpal Yadav sacked, Ramgopal Yadav expelled - As it happened
- 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil' row: Raj Thackeray says Rs 5 crore 'penance' for signing Pakistani artistes
- Kerala dress code row: 'Why not 'mundus' for men, if 'sarees' for women'
- PM Narendra Modi warns of 'surgical strikes' against black money, corruption