Bodies of three minor girls found in Uttar Pradesh
Lucknow: The mutilated bodies of three minor girls have been found lying near the railway tracks in a town in Uttar Pradesh`s Hardoi district, police said Monday.
The bodies of girls, aged seven to eight, were recovered late Sunday from Shahbad town, about 110 km from here.
"We are yet to ascertain whether it is a case of murder or accidental death. Anything with confirmation can be said only after the post-mortem reports that are awaited," police inspector Javed Khan told reporters in Hardoi.
"All the bodies are mutilated. We are making efforts for the identification of the bodies," he said.
According to police, the three bodies were spotted by some passers-by in the area.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis on Ishrat Jahan encounter case
- DNA: After JNU, anti-India slogans at Delhi’s Press Club of India
- Afzal Guru row: JNU Students' Union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested
- Headley's revelations: Will politicos who termed Ishrat Jahan 'beti' now apologise?- Part II
- Missing girl from Ghaziabad, Dipti Sarna returns; reunited with family
- ISI trains JeM, LeT terrorists: Former Pak president Pervez Musharraf
- Kumar Vishwas' birthday bash: Ajit Doval, BJP and RSS leaders attend; Arvind Kejriwal missing
- Afzal Guru row: JNU students union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested by Delhi Police
- Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna reaches home, police and family remain tight-lipped over her recovery
- Was abducted, blindfolded for four hours; Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna narrates her ordeal