Bring transparency in PDS: Akhilesh to officials
Lucknow: In an attempt to clamp down on black-marketeering, Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav on Thursday directed officials to ensure that essential commodities reach the beneficiaries at fixed price.
During a meeting to review public distribution system, Yadav directed the officials to bring transparency in allotment, lifting and distribution of essential commodities.
He said that with time bound automation of distribution system and digitisation of ration cards related information should be brought in public domain.
The CM asked the officers to study model arrangements in other states and prepare a leak-proof system so that supply of commodities to real beneficiaries could be ensured.
He said in order to make fair price shops profitable a proposal to sell other items like oil and pulses should be considered.
Akhilesh said that Food Corporation of India should create additional capacity for storage so that farmers could get minimum support price of their produce.
He said that FCI should send at least 10 lakh tonne wheat to states having storage capacity.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- Basic ideals of Constitution are in danger: Sonia Gandhi
- PM Modi greets nation on occasion of first Constitution Day
- Manjula Vaghela's journey: From rag picker to head of a firm with Rs 1 cr turnover!
- Indian Army faces shortage of field firing ranges in J&K
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Intolerance issue: Those attacking me are only proving my point, says Aamir Khan – Read full statement
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case
- 10 interesting facts about Constitution which every Indian must know
- See pic: Genelia marks son's birthday!