Bring transparency in PDS: Akhilesh to officials
Lucknow: In an attempt to clamp down on black-marketeering, Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav on Thursday directed officials to ensure that essential commodities reach the beneficiaries at fixed price.
During a meeting to review public distribution system, Yadav directed the officials to bring transparency in allotment, lifting and distribution of essential commodities.
He said that with time bound automation of distribution system and digitisation of ration cards related information should be brought in public domain.
The CM asked the officers to study model arrangements in other states and prepare a leak-proof system so that supply of commodities to real beneficiaries could be ensured.
He said in order to make fair price shops profitable a proposal to sell other items like oil and pulses should be considered.
Akhilesh said that Food Corporation of India should create additional capacity for storage so that farmers could get minimum support price of their produce.
He said that FCI should send at least 10 lakh tonne wheat to states having storage capacity.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Complete analysis of APJ Abdul Kalam's life and achievements
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- SC order on Yakub Memon huge disappointment, setback: Owaisi
- Last rites of Gurdaspur attack martyr Baljit Singh in Kapurthala
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Has President Pranab Mukherjee rejected Yakub Memon's mercy plea?
- SC refuses stay on Yakub Memon's hanging: As it happened
- 2 NDA, 4 UPA leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim before 26/11: Report