BSP, BJP creating hype over Ayodhya verdict: SP
Lucknow: The Samajwadi Party today
accused BJP and BSP of creating unnecessary hype over upcoming
judicial verdict on the Ayodhya title suit and slammed the UPA
government at the Centre for remaining a "mute spectator" to
"Intentions of BJP, VHP and RSS seem doubtful. They have
already started whipping up emotions linking the issue with
the belief of crores of Hindus," UP SP chief Akhilesh Yadav
told reporters here.
"Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Mayawati is also creating
an unnecessary hype over the issue as if some major crisis is
in the offing," he said.
"The state has demanded 653 companies of para-military
forces, there is a ban on processions and flag marches are
being staged by security forces.
"This has created tension among common people who are
busy stocking food and other items apprehending trouble," the
SP leader said.
Schools and colleges were also being converted into
temporary jails, he said.
Slamming the Congress-led UPA government at the
Centre, he said it had remained a mute spectator to all this.
The SP leader alleged the Union government was taking
a stand similar to the one adopted by the then Congress regime
in 1992 when the Babri mosque was demolished.
Referring to ties between BSP and BJP, Yadav said
Mayawati took the help of the safforn party in the past for
Secular values were not safe under her dispensation,
Yadav appealed to party MPs and MLAs and the people to
exercise restraint and maintain peace.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Valour of a soldier: CRPF officer Satwant Singh fights Naxals till his last breath
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city