BSP leader found murdered
Lucknow: A local leader of Uttar Pradesh`s ruling Bahujan Samaj Party (BSP) was found murdered in Aligarh district, police said on Sunday. Two people have been detained.
The body of Balwant Singh alias Billu, 40, a BSP corporator, was recovered late Saturday from a canal on the outskirts of Aligarh, some 400 km from here.
"The leader was missing since Friday. Investigations indicate he was poisoned," said Deputy Superintendent of Police Ajai Kumar Singh. Balwant Singh was the BSP Aligarh district president.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Kejriwal knew Tomar possessed fake degree, says Yogendra Yadav
- Ajinkya Rahane to captain India on Zimbabwe tour; Dhoni, Kohli rested
- Shiv Sena slams HC order banning erection of pandals on roads
- Top leader of NSCN(K) arrested for Manipur attacks by NIA
- Vijender Singh turns professional boxer, to miss 2016 Rio Olympics
- India vs Zimbabwe: Ajinkya Rahane to lead; MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli rested
- Tihar Jail's security breached: Lt Governor Najeeb Jung orders probe, Centre seeks report
- Chinese military research academy praises India's main battle tank Arjun, says it's 'very good'
- Gangster Abu Salem ready to tie the knot with girl seeking to marry him
- Vijender Singh brings down curtains on India career, turns professional