BSP MLA fails to appear before court in rape case
Muzaffarnagar: A BSP MLA and his brother,
accused in a rape case of Nepali circus girls, failed to appear before a court here due to "negligence" in duties by police in executing arrest warrants against them.
Mohd Alimand, an MLA from Bulandshahar constituency, and his brother Mohd Yunus, who were to appear before the
court of Additional Chief Judicial Magistrate Vikas Goel
yesterday, did not turn up in the court.
The Judge expressed dissatisfaction over the
negligence in duties by police personnel in executing the
warrants against two brothers and asked the Bulandshahr SSP to
ensure that the accused were produced before the court on
According to the prosecution, on June 5, 2003, police
had freed 48 Nepali girls from a circus and charged its owners
Alim and Yunus of illegal confinement of the girls.
Some of the girls had also accused the duo of sexual
assault and medical examination of two of them had confirmed
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Flying Jadeja: MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli floored by Ravindra Jadeja's brilliant fielding effort – WATCH