BSP should expel Banda rape accused MLA: BJP
Kanpur: BJP leader Rajnath Singh on Monday
said the ruling BSP should expel its MLA Purushottam Naresh
Dwivedi, who is accused of raping a teenage Dalit girl in
Banda, to ensure that the legislator does not misuse his
position to influence the probe into the case.
"The victim will get justice only when the BSP
terminates Dwivedi`s membership, else he will misuse his
position and go scot free," Singh told reporters here.
He was participating in the `Rashtriya Ekta Yatra`,
organised by the youth wing of the party to host the tricolour
at Lal Chowk in Srinagar on January 26 after a gap of 18
Singh also slammed the government for the soaring cost
of goods, alleging the Congress-led UPA government at the
Centre was unaffected by the problems of the common man.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Here's what Islamic State captors told Indian teachers
- Pakistan releases 163 Indian fishermen as goodwill gesture
- Drishyam earns Rs 17 cr in 2 days, Bajrangi clocks Rs 283 cr
- Washington Mayor calls Michelle Obama 'gorilla face', says 'she is attractive only to monkey man Barack'
- Two Indians freed from ISIS captivity in Libya to head home, fate of other two unknown