Buddhist school in UP seeks financial aid from Dalai Lama
Kushinagar (Uttar Pradesh): The lone Buddhist school in Kushinagar district, where Lord Buddha breathed his last, has appealed to the Dalai Lama and the Centre and the state government for financial help.
"Linh Son Buddhist D P higher secondary school, which is in its eighth year of running, gives educational aid to around 40 per cent of its 624 students most of whom are very poor and can`t afford good schools," school Principal Rajesh Singh told PTI.
"This is a school run on the basic principles of Buddhism, we don`t say `no` to any poor student who approaches us but we have a limitation. There is no help whatsoever from the central government and the state government," Singh said.
He appealed to the government and the Tibetan spiritual leader for financial aid for the cash-strapped institution.
"I appeal to the government in general and the Dalai Lama in particular for not just financial help but also request him to come to our school and enlighten these innocent souls," the principal said.
Even the students of the school echoed similar views, saying it would have been a great accomplishment and inspirational moment to meet the great Buddhist spiritual leader.
A sixth class student Abhishek told PTI, "We get very good education here despite limited resources, we are looking forward to see the Dalai Lama soon".
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of public pulse through survey by Zee News on Bihar elections
- Hotels selling beef should be demolished: Azam Khan
- DNA: End of ISIS? Vladimir Putin to send 1,50,000 soldiers to Syria
- Russia surprises America with accord on battling ISIS
- Panel discussion on Muslim vote bank in Bihar elections
- Neither Dadri nor Babri: India is 'Muslim woman delivering 'Ganesha' inside temple'
- Hindu girl embraces Islam to marry Shahi Imam Bukhari's son?
- Pakistan take note! Indian military 5th deadliest in the world
- Lalu Prasad Yadav debuts on Dubsmash, mocks PM Narendra Modi – Watch video
- India vs South Africa: How cricket fraternity reacted to crowd's disgraceful behaviour at Cuttack