Businessman, his two guards foil kidnap bid of boy
Meerut: A bid to kidnap a minor boy was foiled here following a timely intervention by a businessman and his security guards, police said Thursday.
The incident took place yesterday when four armed men riding on motorbikes intercepted a rickshaw in which a woman, Ruchi, was travelling with her five-year-old son Raghav on West End road, near Sadar Bazar here, and tried to take the boy forcefully.
Dharmendra Jain, an oil businessman, who was passing by the area, along with his two armed guards intervened and fired in the air, said police.
Hearing the gun shots, the accused panicked and fled from the spot.
The police is investigating the incident, said SSP Deepak Kumar.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dengue cases on the rise in Delhi - Is the govt waiting for another epidemic?
- JNU student accuses fellow PhD scholar and AISA member of rape
- Sukhoi 30MKI posted in Arunachal Pradesh; Kiren Rijiju lauds development
- Olympic medalist PV Sindhu returns to Hyderabad; receives grand welcome
- Twelve-year-old ISIS suicide bomber caught and arrested in Iraq
- Rio Olympics bid farewell as athletes sign-off with a colorful closing ceremony
- Athletes’ Report Card: See how the Indian athletes performed at the 2016 Olympic Games
- Over 400 flights grounded as Tokyo prepares to take a direct hit from typhoon
- Kamal Haasan to be conferred French award
- New laser created from jellyfish proteins