Businessman, his two guards foil kidnap bid of boy
Meerut: A bid to kidnap a minor boy was foiled here following a timely intervention by a businessman and his security guards, police said Thursday.
The incident took place yesterday when four armed men riding on motorbikes intercepted a rickshaw in which a woman, Ruchi, was travelling with her five-year-old son Raghav on West End road, near Sadar Bazar here, and tried to take the boy forcefully.
Dharmendra Jain, an oil businessman, who was passing by the area, along with his two armed guards intervened and fired in the air, said police.
Hearing the gun shots, the accused panicked and fled from the spot.
The police is investigating the incident, said SSP Deepak Kumar.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trouble mounts for Salman Khan as driver reiterates that actor killed blackbuck
- PM Modi to chair NITI aayog meeting today
- Narsingh Yadav dope scandal: NADA set to announce verdict today
- Protests in Kashmir were fuelled by LeT: Hafiz Saeed
- Cabinet approves changes to GST Bill, drops 1% additional tax
- Dope scandal: Narsingh Yadav's Rio Olympics fate hangs in balance as NADA set to pronounce verdict today
- Indo-US counter-terrorism joint working group to meet today
- Hillary Clinton more qualified than anyone to serve as US president: Barack Obama
- Rahul Gandhi likely to speak on price rise in Lok Sabha today
- 2006 Aurangabad arms haul case: Ten years later, MCOCA court likely to deliver verdict today