Businessman, his two guards foil kidnap bid of boy
Meerut: A bid to kidnap a minor boy was foiled here following a timely intervention by a businessman and his security guards, police said Thursday.
The incident took place yesterday when four armed men riding on motorbikes intercepted a rickshaw in which a woman, Ruchi, was travelling with her five-year-old son Raghav on West End road, near Sadar Bazar here, and tried to take the boy forcefully.
Dharmendra Jain, an oil businessman, who was passing by the area, along with his two armed guards intervened and fired in the air, said police.
Hearing the gun shots, the accused panicked and fled from the spot.
The police is investigating the incident, said SSP Deepak Kumar.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India vs New Zealand, 3rd ODI: As it happened...
- Samajwadi Party feud intensifies: Shivpal Yadav sacked, Ramgopal Yadav expelled - As it happened
- 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil' row: Raj Thackeray says Rs 5 crore 'penance' for signing Pakistani artistes
- Kerala dress code row: 'Why not 'mundus' for men, if 'sarees' for women'
- PM Narendra Modi warns of 'surgical strikes' against black money, corruption