Businessman, his two guards foil kidnap bid of boy
Meerut: A bid to kidnap a minor boy was foiled here following a timely intervention by a businessman and his security guards, police said Thursday.
The incident took place yesterday when four armed men riding on motorbikes intercepted a rickshaw in which a woman, Ruchi, was travelling with her five-year-old son Raghav on West End road, near Sadar Bazar here, and tried to take the boy forcefully.
Dharmendra Jain, an oil businessman, who was passing by the area, along with his two armed guards intervened and fired in the air, said police.
Hearing the gun shots, the accused panicked and fled from the spot.
The police is investigating the incident, said SSP Deepak Kumar.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on clashes at JNU over Afzal Guru row
- JNU students call terrorist Afzal Guru a martyr amid anti-nationalist slogans
- Does religion teach gender discrimination?
- Does religion teach gender discrimination? - Part III
- DNA: Siachen survivor Hanumanthappa fights for life as India prays for him
- Drunk girl creates ruckus in Delhi's Connaught Place; arrested - Watch
- JNU erupts over 'Shaheed Afzal Guru', 'Azad Kashmir'; rival student groups clash, police deployed
- AAP poster showing Arvind Kejriwal with Bhindranwale sparks row in Punjab
- Video of Hanumanthappa's rescue that went viral on social media is fake - Watch
- Paid sex: Good or bad? This girl was too eager to find out - Watch what happened!