Case registered against Congress nominee
Firozabad: A case has been registered against the Congress nominee from Sirsaganj Assembly seat after his supporters allegedly indulged in brick-batting and
chased away a team led by a government official, who objected to putting up of flags and banners here.
The monitoring committee led by BDO PM Yadav while on a visit to Chaichapur village under Nasirpur police station area yesterday had objected to banners and posters being put up by the supporters of Congress candidate Hari Shankar Yadav,
Superintendent of Police Manjil Saini said.
Following a tiff, the supporters indulged in brick-batting and chased the BDO and his team out of the village, the SP said.
A case has been registered against the Congress candidate, his son and some others in this connection, he added.
The elections to 403-member UP Assembly will be held in February this year in seven phases.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- Pakistan Senate passes Hindu Marriage Bill
- This video of Brett Lee's 143m six is taking internet by storm – Watch Video
- India can meet its energy requirements from Moon by 2030, says ISRO
- J&K: 26 soldiers martyred, 22 militants killed as Army steps up security in Valley