Case registered against Congress nominee
Firozabad: A case has been registered against the Congress nominee from Sirsaganj Assembly seat after his supporters allegedly indulged in brick-batting and
chased away a team led by a government official, who objected to putting up of flags and banners here.
The monitoring committee led by BDO PM Yadav while on a visit to Chaichapur village under Nasirpur police station area yesterday had objected to banners and posters being put up by the supporters of Congress candidate Hari Shankar Yadav,
Superintendent of Police Manjil Saini said.
Following a tiff, the supporters indulged in brick-batting and chased the BDO and his team out of the village, the SP said.
A case has been registered against the Congress candidate, his son and some others in this connection, he added.
The elections to 403-member UP Assembly will be held in February this year in seven phases.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- Basic ideals of Constitution are in danger: Sonia Gandhi
- DNA: 7th anniversary of 26/11 attacks, Nation pays homage to martyrs
- Candid chat with 'Tamasha' stars Deekipa Padukone, Ranbir Kapoor
- Panel discussion on Rajnath Singh's remarks on secularism in Parliament
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case
- See pic: Genelia marks son's birthday!
- Bigg Boss, Day 46: Priya Malik urinates inside the car!
- READ: New twist in Karisma Kapoor, Sunjay Kapur divorce saga!