CBI court postpones the Aarushi murder case till July 20
Ghaziabad: A CBI special court here has
postponed the Aarushi murder case to July 20 in view of its
pendency before the Supreme Court.
Special CBI court magistrate Priti Singh yesterday
postponed the matter till July 20.
Aarushi`s dentist parents, Rajesh and Nupur
Talwar--will appear before the court on the next date of
hearing as warrants have been issued against them.
14-year-old Aarushi, the only daughter of the Talwars
was found dead with her throat slit at the family`s Noida
residence on the outskirts of Delhi on May 16, 2008 and the
body of their domestic help, Hemraj, was found on the terrace
the next day.
The Supreme Court on April 25 ticked off the CBI for
suddenly becoming "active" against the Talwars and said it
would "examine on merit" the dentist couple`s plea challenging
the trial court`s summons against them in the twin murders of
teenager Aarushi and domestic help Hemraj.
A bench of justices B Sudershan Reddy and S S Nijjar,
which heard the arguments of the CBI and Rajesh Talwar and
Nupur also questioned the couple over their reluctance to
appear before the trial court.
The Talwars however, got a breather as the apex court
while adjourning the matter to July 12, clarified that its
March 19 order staying the proceedings against the Talwars
would continue until further others.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Are separatists scared with 'Dangal' girl Zaira Wasim's success?
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city