CBI raids in multi-crore foodgrains scam in UP
Sitapur: The Central Bureau of Investigation
(CBI) today conducted raids at several places here, including
the house and office of a local BSP leader, in connection with
a multi-crore foodgrains scam.
The CBI officials have collected several documents and
papers and claimed to have got substantial evidence relating
to the alleged scam under which foodgrains meant for the poor
were diverted to other states and sold in retail market.
The essentials also found its way out of the country
though in the government records, the stocks were shown as
distributed among the needy.
The raids were conducted at six places in the district,
Last year, the Lucknow bench of the Allahabad High Court
on a public interest litigation had directed the central
agency to carry out a comprehensive probe into the scam
spanning several districts of the state.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- Reliance Jio effect: Airtel offers free unlimited local and STD calls with 4G data at Rs 145
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video