CDs showing Babri mosque demolition in Ayodhya markets
Faizabad (UP): CDs with video footage of
demolition of the Babri mosque are freely available in
These CDs, containing footage of demolition of the 15th
century Babri Masjid on December 6, 1992, are being played at
almost all shops in the markets of Hanuman Garhi, Shringar
Haat, Darshan Marg and near the disputed structure.
Resident Magistrate of Ayodhya Nagendra Sharma said, "we
will take cognisance of the matter and nobody will be allowed
to vitiate communal harmony."
The Allahabad High Court is likely to deliver its verdict
on the title suit of Ram Janmbhoomi-Babri Mosque next month.
Meanwhile, Muslims have sought from the Uttar Pradesh
government an immediate ban on these CDs.
Imtiyaz Hussain, a primary teacher in Ayodhya, said the
government must take immediate steps to check such activities
spreading communal tension.
New Delhi/Geneva: Top Indian industrialist Mukesh Ambani on Friday joined the foundation board of World Economic Forum (WEF), an independent international grouping of business leaders from across the world.
Ambani, chairman and managing director of Reliance Industries, India`s top private sector business entity, would join the Foundation Board of WEF, the Switzerland-based organisation said in a statement.
Others joining the Foundation Board alongside Ambani include French telecom major Alcatel-Lucent CEO J Verwaayen and Zhu Min, International Monetary Fund (IMF) Special Adviser and a former Deputy Governor at People`s Bank of China.
Commenting on Ambani`s inclusion, WEF`s founder and executive chairman Klaus Schwab said, "Mukesh Ambani will bring an extraordinary level of business acumen and his commitment to the ideals of the Forum.
"He has played a key role, especially related to the integration of India into all our activities. Ben Verwaayen has been a committed Member of the Forum for many years. His insightfulness and energy will be invaluable to the board."
The Foundation Board is composed of leaders from business, politics, academia and civil society.
WEF says that it works towards a "mission to improve the state of the world and who make a valuable contribution to this mission through their involvement."
WEF also announced that Peter Freire would join the Forum as managing director, heading the Forum’s new Global Agenda Partnership. Lord Malloch-Brown will be leaving the Forum after a successful year as Vice-Chairman and Senior Adviser of the Forum`s Global Redesign Initiative.
Incorporated as a foundation in 1971, and headquartered in Geneva, Switzerland, the World Economic Forum is a not-for- profit organisation and holds its annual WEF conclave every year in scenic Alps resorts of Davos.
The Davos event is known for attendance by virtually all who`s who of the world of business. Besides, it also arranges various other meetings of world leaders in other parts of the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: APJ Abdul Kalam's last journey, India bids a tearful adieu
- DNA : Justice delivered; India hangs 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon
- Exclusive interview with Usman Majid, MLA, J&K Congress
- Four Indians kidnapped in Libya; Islamic State hand suspected
- Parties should be united against terrorism, says Rajnath Singh
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi
- Watch video: The epic battle between 'Machli' tigress and a 14-foot-long crocodile!
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror
- Cristiano Ronaldo great, but Lionel Messi is greatest: Xavi Hernandez
- 'Remembering Dr APJ Abdul Kalam' - President Pranab Mukherjee's photo tribute on Twitter