`Centre to extend full cooperation to UP in tackling floods`
Lucknow: With a "high flood situation" warning issued in Uttar Pradesh after water level in Rapti River rose above danger level, Union Minister Rajnath Singh on Sunday said the Centre would extend full cooperation to the state in tackling floods.
"Not only in Uttar Pradesh, but wherever problem of flood is being faced full cooperation will be extended. Directives have been issued to send teams of National Disaster Response Force," the Home Minister told reporters.
On a question on holding talks with Nepal on floods in UP, he said that it was already being done.
Asked about UP cabinet minister Shivpal Singh committee`s report on Saharanpur clashes, Singh said that it was an internal matter of the party.
The Centre had issued a warning of "high flood situation" in Uttar Pradesh after water in the Rapti river rose above the danger level.
The river was flowing at 0.37 metres above the danger level of 104.62 metres and 0.46 metres below its previous highest flood level (HFL) of 105.25 metres recorded on September 11, 2000.At 0800 hours yesterday, it was flowing at a level of 104.79 metres.
The National Crisis Management Committee (NCMC) under the chairmanship of Cabinet Secretary Ajit Seth had yesterday taken stock of the preparedness in the wake of floods in Nepal.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- President Mukherjee inspect International Fleet Review at Vishakhapatnam
- Divyansh's death not an accident, but a murder?
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How realising the purpose of life gives you direction
- Was Divyansh sexually assaulted and then murdered?
- India takes inspiration from Iran; sets up 'Hanger of Kindness' in Delhi
- VIDEO: Mohammad Amir's hat-trick in Match 2 of PSL 2016
- Oh so cute! PM Narendra Modi pulls Akshay Kumar's son Aarav Kumar's ear!-- See pic
- Muslim personal law can't be subjected to scrutiny by Supreme Court: Jamiat-Ulama-i-Hind
- IPL 2016 auction - As it happened...
- Not Delhi, but Varanasi and Muzaffarpur the most polluted cities in India