`Centre to extend full cooperation to UP in tackling floods`
Lucknow: With a "high flood situation" warning issued in Uttar Pradesh after water level in Rapti River rose above danger level, Union Minister Rajnath Singh on Sunday said the Centre would extend full cooperation to the state in tackling floods.
"Not only in Uttar Pradesh, but wherever problem of flood is being faced full cooperation will be extended. Directives have been issued to send teams of National Disaster Response Force," the Home Minister told reporters.
On a question on holding talks with Nepal on floods in UP, he said that it was already being done.
Asked about UP cabinet minister Shivpal Singh committee`s report on Saharanpur clashes, Singh said that it was an internal matter of the party.
The Centre had issued a warning of "high flood situation" in Uttar Pradesh after water in the Rapti river rose above the danger level.
The river was flowing at 0.37 metres above the danger level of 104.62 metres and 0.46 metres below its previous highest flood level (HFL) of 105.25 metres recorded on September 11, 2000.At 0800 hours yesterday, it was flowing at a level of 104.79 metres.
The National Crisis Management Committee (NCMC) under the chairmanship of Cabinet Secretary Ajit Seth had yesterday taken stock of the preparedness in the wake of floods in Nepal.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Watch: Man beheads wife; roams on streets with severed head in Pune
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head
- Shocking! Saudi employer chops off Indian maid's hands
- Porn survey: Delhi no 1; 'animal porn' in Pune