Chairmen of all corporations and boards removed
Lucknow: The Uttar Pradesh government has removed Chairmen of all corporations and boards appointed by the previous BSP regime.
"All the Chairmen of corporations and boards have been removed by the government. The new appointments would be made soon," SP leader and spokesman Rajendra Chowdhury said.
Among those whose Chairmen have been removed included Shia and Sunni Waqf boards, UP State Sugar Corporation, Forest Corporation, UP Pradeshik Coperative Federation (PFC) besides others, sources said.
Chowdhury said that the decision was taken to improve functioning of these bodies and soon Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav will appoint persons to fill the vacant posts.
The appointment on the post of Chairmen of different corporations and boards are political and SP will appoint its leaders, who could not be accommodated in Akhilesh`s cabinet on these posts, sources said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Have political parties diverted from development agenda in UP elections?
- Pakistan cancels licenses of weapons issued to Hafiz Saeed and his aides
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- Reliance Jio Prime Membership at Rs 99: All you need to know about the plan
- 'Intolerance brigade' attacks Zee News' #FatehKaFatwa host Tarek Fateh - WATCH