Chairmen of all corporations and boards removed
Lucknow: The Uttar Pradesh government has removed Chairmen of all corporations and boards appointed by the previous BSP regime.
"All the Chairmen of corporations and boards have been removed by the government. The new appointments would be made soon," SP leader and spokesman Rajendra Chowdhury said.
Among those whose Chairmen have been removed included Shia and Sunni Waqf boards, UP State Sugar Corporation, Forest Corporation, UP Pradeshik Coperative Federation (PFC) besides others, sources said.
Chowdhury said that the decision was taken to improve functioning of these bodies and soon Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav will appoint persons to fill the vacant posts.
The appointment on the post of Chairmen of different corporations and boards are political and SP will appoint its leaders, who could not be accommodated in Akhilesh`s cabinet on these posts, sources said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- RJD strongman Shahabuddin brought to Delhi
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- UP elections in third phase; voting on 69 seats of 12 districts
- DNA: Today in History, 18th February, 2017
- Panel discussion over why SP government is backing Gayatri Prajapati
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- India can meet its energy requirements from Moon by 2030, says ISRO
- J&K: 26 soldiers martyred, 22 militants killed as Army steps up security in Valley
- Virat Kohli becomes first Indian sportsperson to sign Rs 100-crore endorsement deal