Chargesheet filed against Varun Gandhi
Bareilly (UP): A chargesheet has been filed in a local court in neighbouring Pilibhit district against BJP MP Varun Gandhi and 12 others in connection with a 2009 case of alleged attack on a police team.
The charge sheet was filed yesterday in the court of the
Chief Judicial Magistrate, Pilibhit, Ajay Krishna who fixed
January 10 as the next date of hearing.
The then police inspector, Ramesh Chandra Verma, had
lodged a case against Varun and his supporters alleging that
they attacked policemen in the jail complex and old tehsil
compound with the aim to kill them.
Earlier on March 8, 2009 a case had been lodged against
Varun for his hate speech in Barkhera police station area
during campaigning for the Lok Sabha polls and on March 28,
Varun had surrendered before the court.
When the police was taking him to jail, his supporters had
attacked the policemen as a mark of protest.
Incidentally, hearing in the hate speech case is also
scheduled for January 10.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition extremely grave
- Watch: Tracing the journey of late Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa from films to politics
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa