Chargesheet filed against Varun Gandhi
Bareilly (UP): A chargesheet has been filed in a local court in neighbouring Pilibhit district against BJP MP Varun Gandhi and 12 others in connection with a 2009 case of alleged attack on a police team.
The charge sheet was filed yesterday in the court of the
Chief Judicial Magistrate, Pilibhit, Ajay Krishna who fixed
January 10 as the next date of hearing.
The then police inspector, Ramesh Chandra Verma, had
lodged a case against Varun and his supporters alleging that
they attacked policemen in the jail complex and old tehsil
compound with the aim to kill them.
Earlier on March 8, 2009 a case had been lodged against
Varun for his hate speech in Barkhera police station area
during campaigning for the Lok Sabha polls and on March 28,
Varun had surrendered before the court.
When the police was taking him to jail, his supporters had
attacked the policemen as a mark of protest.
Incidentally, hearing in the hate speech case is also
scheduled for January 10.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ex-Army officers threaten to return JNU degrees against 'anti-national' activities in campus
- Really? Is this why Deepika Padukone not open about her alleged relationship with Ranveer Singh?
- Congress leader from Gujarat conspired to implicate Narendra Modi in Ishrat Jahan case: Ex-IB officer
- JNU row: Congress VP meets protesting students; ABVP raises black flags, shout "Rahul Gandhi Go Back"
- JNU protest: Kejriwal hits out at PM Modi, says targetting innocents will prove costly to him