Chargesheet filed against Varun Gandhi
Bareilly (UP): A chargesheet has been filed in a local court in neighbouring Pilibhit district against BJP MP Varun Gandhi and 12 others in connection with a 2009 case of alleged attack on a police team.
The charge sheet was filed yesterday in the court of the
Chief Judicial Magistrate, Pilibhit, Ajay Krishna who fixed
January 10 as the next date of hearing.
The then police inspector, Ramesh Chandra Verma, had
lodged a case against Varun and his supporters alleging that
they attacked policemen in the jail complex and old tehsil
compound with the aim to kill them.
Earlier on March 8, 2009 a case had been lodged against
Varun for his hate speech in Barkhera police station area
during campaigning for the Lok Sabha polls and on March 28,
Varun had surrendered before the court.
When the police was taking him to jail, his supporters had
attacked the policemen as a mark of protest.
Incidentally, hearing in the hate speech case is also
scheduled for January 10.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- Jharkhand: Congress leader, 3 others killed in shootout in Dhanbad
- CM Yogi’s cleanliness drive: UP cops clean up police stations
- Do not put unnecessary pressure on police: PM Modi tells UP BJP MPs
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Kapil Sharma fight on flight row: Did Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar and Chandan Prabhakar skip shoot?
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister