Child found after blast identified, parents being traced
Varanasi: The one-and-a-half-year-old girl, who was found at Shitla Ghat here after the blast on December 7, has been identified by police and her residence located, but her parents cannot be traced.
Deputy District Magistrate Atal Kumar Rai told reporters today that after publishing the child`s picture in various newspapers and showing it on news channels, it was found that
she is the daughter of one Gita and Nilesh Pandey alias Tuntun, who works as a guard.
The couple resided in a rented accomodation in Jawahar Nagar extension here with their two children, the other being 11-year-old Riya, he said.
However, the room where the family lived is locked and his landlord said that Nilesh had gone to Balia with his family the day the blast occurred, Rai said.
Sister Linci, coordinator of Child Line, the children`s home where the girl is being kept, said when they called up on Nilesh`s mobile number given by the landlord, they were told
by the respondent that his daughter had died and disconnected the phone, after which it was switched off.
The mobile is on surveillance and further investigations are on to locate the girl`s parents, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- Reliance Jio effect: Airtel offers free unlimited local and STD calls with 4G data at Rs 145
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video