Complainant attempts suicide on `Tehsil day`
Varanasi: Protesting against officials` apathy, a complainant has attempted suicide by consuming insecticide before the district administration officials on `Tehsil Day`, officials said on Wednesday.
The incident took place in Sadar tehsil yesterday and the complainant has been identified as Akshyavar, a rickshaw-puller in Gaibi area, they said.
He was rushed to Deen Dayal district hospital from where he was referred to BHU hospital here. His condition was declared out of danger by doctors last evening.
"Akshyavar took the extreme step when he failed to get possession on a land in the area that had been sold to two persons for Rs 7 lakhs," Mangla Prasad Singh, Additional District Magistrate said.
The land is a public property, a park constructed by the municipal corporation, that has been fraudulently sold, Singh said, adding that, efforts are on to identify the culprit in this connection.
In a first, a visiting monitor was deputed to keep a track of such cases who recommended district officials to give an alternate piece of land to the complainant.
"I recommended district officials to give an alternate piece of land to the complainant", Murli Dhar Dubey said.
Akshyavar`s wife Sushila, however, said, "I have been making rounds of the Tehsil office since four years for getting possession of the land".
This is the third incident of complainants consuming insecticide by complainants on the occasion of `Tehsil Day` here in past four months.
In similar incidents earlier, Bhartara resident Pyari Devi and Murdaha resident Renu Pandey had attempted suicide on January 15 and September 23 respectively by consuming poisonous substances, accusing officials of indifference.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- ISIS to buy first nuclear weapon from Pak?
- Mumbai: CCTV captures assailant with gun at Film City
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Zee Media exclusive interview with Haryana CM Manohar Lal Khattar
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Haridwar: Hotel Radisson Blu sealed for polluting Ganga
- Girl in Punjab's Pathankot quit studies for fear of eve-teasing
- Special: Furious over rising water crisis, people take to the streets
- UP Minister allegedly threatens, abuses Gonda businessman
- Manali: Heavy corruption found in environmental taxes
- Couple in Bihar asked to pay Rs 50,000 as 'tax' for inter-caste marriage
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 24, 2015
- IPL 2015 Final: MI vs CSK - As it happened...
- Heatwave continues in North India; death toll in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana more than 400
- CBSE.nic.in 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board (cbseresults.nic.in) Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced on May 25
- Heatwave kills 223 in AP, Telangana, Chandrababu Naidu announces compensation; Delhi records hottest day
- 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns' starts on a good note at the Box Office!
- CBSE 12th Result 2015 to be announced on Monday
- Death threat to PM Narendra Modi ahead of Mathura rally sends police into tizzy
- IPL 2015 final: Mumbai Indians thrash Chennai Super Kings by 41 runs to lift second title
- Organisation demands re-examination of AIPMT 2015
- Standoff with LG: Arvind Kejriwal calls emergency session of Delhi Assembly
- Kejriwal completes 100 days in office, AAP says centre 'shadow boxing' over row with LG
- CBSE Class 12th Board Results 2015 to be announced on Monday, May 25
- Online filing of applications for UPSC civil services exam begins
- No alliance with JD-U in Bihar: BJP
- Not just today, Muslims feeling alienated since 1947: Najma Heptulla