Complainant attempts suicide on `Tehsil day`
Varanasi: Protesting against officials` apathy, a complainant has attempted suicide by consuming insecticide before the district administration officials on `Tehsil Day`, officials said on Wednesday.
The incident took place in Sadar tehsil yesterday and the complainant has been identified as Akshyavar, a rickshaw-puller in Gaibi area, they said.
He was rushed to Deen Dayal district hospital from where he was referred to BHU hospital here. His condition was declared out of danger by doctors last evening.
"Akshyavar took the extreme step when he failed to get possession on a land in the area that had been sold to two persons for Rs 7 lakhs," Mangla Prasad Singh, Additional District Magistrate said.
The land is a public property, a park constructed by the municipal corporation, that has been fraudulently sold, Singh said, adding that, efforts are on to identify the culprit in this connection.
In a first, a visiting monitor was deputed to keep a track of such cases who recommended district officials to give an alternate piece of land to the complainant.
"I recommended district officials to give an alternate piece of land to the complainant", Murli Dhar Dubey said.
Akshyavar`s wife Sushila, however, said, "I have been making rounds of the Tehsil office since four years for getting possession of the land".
This is the third incident of complainants consuming insecticide by complainants on the occasion of `Tehsil Day` here in past four months.
In similar incidents earlier, Bhartara resident Pyari Devi and Murdaha resident Renu Pandey had attempted suicide on January 15 and September 23 respectively by consuming poisonous substances, accusing officials of indifference.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- President Mukherjee inspect International Fleet Review at Vishakhapatnam
- Divyansh's death not an accident, but a murder?
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How realising the purpose of life gives you direction
- Was Divyansh sexually assaulted and then murdered?
- India takes inspiration from Iran; sets up 'Hanger of Kindness' in Delhi
- Oh so cute! PM Narendra Modi pulls Akshay Kumar's son Aarav Kumar's ear!-- See pic
- Ryan child death: Sexual assault allegations should be probed, says Manish Sisodia
- Not Delhi, but Varanasi and Muzaffarpur the most polluted cities in India
- 'Bajirao Mastani' still galloping at box office, mints Rs 350 cr!
- India brought Afghanistan athletes in chartered flight: Pakistan envoy impressed with SAG 2016