Complainant attempts suicide on `Tehsil day`
Varanasi: Protesting against officials` apathy, a complainant has attempted suicide by consuming insecticide before the district administration officials on `Tehsil Day`, officials said on Wednesday.
The incident took place in Sadar tehsil yesterday and the complainant has been identified as Akshyavar, a rickshaw-puller in Gaibi area, they said.
He was rushed to Deen Dayal district hospital from where he was referred to BHU hospital here. His condition was declared out of danger by doctors last evening.
"Akshyavar took the extreme step when he failed to get possession on a land in the area that had been sold to two persons for Rs 7 lakhs," Mangla Prasad Singh, Additional District Magistrate said.
The land is a public property, a park constructed by the municipal corporation, that has been fraudulently sold, Singh said, adding that, efforts are on to identify the culprit in this connection.
In a first, a visiting monitor was deputed to keep a track of such cases who recommended district officials to give an alternate piece of land to the complainant.
"I recommended district officials to give an alternate piece of land to the complainant", Murli Dhar Dubey said.
Akshyavar`s wife Sushila, however, said, "I have been making rounds of the Tehsil office since four years for getting possession of the land".
This is the third incident of complainants consuming insecticide by complainants on the occasion of `Tehsil Day` here in past four months.
In similar incidents earlier, Bhartara resident Pyari Devi and Murdaha resident Renu Pandey had attempted suicide on January 15 and September 23 respectively by consuming poisonous substances, accusing officials of indifference.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- J Jayalalithaa sworn-in as Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- ISIS to buy first nuclear weapon from Pak?
- Mumbai: CCTV captures assailant with gun at Film City
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- BJP now central pole of Indian politics: Arun Jaitley
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- Haridwar: Hotel Radisson Blu sealed for polluting Ganga
- Zee Media exclusive interview with Haryana CM Manohar Lal Khattar
- Girl in Punjab's Pathankot quit studies for fear of eve-teasing
- Special: Furious over rising water crisis, people take to the streets
- UP Minister allegedly threatens, abuses Gonda businessman
- Manali: Heavy corruption found in environmental taxes
- ISIS close to buying nuclear weapon from Pakistan?
- Credibility of Prime Minister's Office restored by BJP, says Arun Jaitley
- IPL 2015 Final: Mumbai Indians vs Chennai Super Kings - Preview
- IPL 2015 Final: MI vs CSK - As it happened...
- BJP's plan for one-year celebration: 200 big rallies, 5,000 public meetings
- IPL 8 Final: We need to be at our best against Mumbai, says Michael Hussey
- Heatwave leaves 153 dead in Telangana, Andhra Pradesh
- Heatwave continues in North India; death toll in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana more than 400
- 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns' starts on a good note at the Box Office!
- Shocking! 7 veg food items that may actually be non veg
- CBSE 12th Result 2015 to be announced on Monday
- Death threat to PM Narendra Modi ahead of Mathura rally sends police into tizzy
- Standoff with LG: Arvind Kejriwal calls emergency session of Delhi Assembly