Complainant attempts suicide on `Tehsil day`
Varanasi: Protesting against officials` apathy, a complainant has attempted suicide by consuming insecticide before the district administration officials on `Tehsil Day`, officials said on Wednesday.
The incident took place in Sadar tehsil yesterday and the complainant has been identified as Akshyavar, a rickshaw-puller in Gaibi area, they said.
He was rushed to Deen Dayal district hospital from where he was referred to BHU hospital here. His condition was declared out of danger by doctors last evening.
"Akshyavar took the extreme step when he failed to get possession on a land in the area that had been sold to two persons for Rs 7 lakhs," Mangla Prasad Singh, Additional District Magistrate said.
The land is a public property, a park constructed by the municipal corporation, that has been fraudulently sold, Singh said, adding that, efforts are on to identify the culprit in this connection.
In a first, a visiting monitor was deputed to keep a track of such cases who recommended district officials to give an alternate piece of land to the complainant.
"I recommended district officials to give an alternate piece of land to the complainant", Murli Dhar Dubey said.
Akshyavar`s wife Sushila, however, said, "I have been making rounds of the Tehsil office since four years for getting possession of the land".
This is the third incident of complainants consuming insecticide by complainants on the occasion of `Tehsil Day` here in past four months.
In similar incidents earlier, Bhartara resident Pyari Devi and Murdaha resident Renu Pandey had attempted suicide on January 15 and September 23 respectively by consuming poisonous substances, accusing officials of indifference.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- Train accident in Andhra Pradesh leaves many people dead
- UP Assembly Elections: Akhilesh Yadav releases party's manifesto
- DNA: Analyzing the harmful effects of selfies
- UP elections: Rajnath Singh's Son, Rita Bahuguna Joshi in BJP second list of candidates
- LIVE: Jallikattu Bill passed in Tamil Nadu Assembly; didn't use force on crowd, says Chennai Police Commissioner
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Karnataka: Baby with four legs, two male sex organs born in Raichur