Cong, BJP playing `game of communalism`: UP Minister
Lucknow: Uttar Pradesh Minister Rajendra Chowdhury on Thursday accused Congress and BJP of playing "game of communalism" to polarise votes ahead of Lok Sabha polls, and said the SP government will not allow such designs.
"Knowing that the way to Delhi passes from Lucknow, both BJP and Congress are involved in playing game of communalisim to polarise votes in their favour. The SP government will not let it happen," Chowdhury told reporters here.
He said that after failing to get any response for Vishwa Hindu Parishad`s 84 Kosi yatra, the BJP, VHP and RSS have planned to hold `Sankalp Diwas` on October 18 to "incite religious feelings".
"It is a conspiracy to incite religious feelings and mislead people for political gains," Chowdhury said.
He said people in the state were supporting Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav due to his developmental and people-friendly policies, which he claimed was creating fear among the opposition parties.
"As they (opposition) know that they do not stand a chance in front of the work done by the Akhilesh government, they are communalising the atmosphere. They should better understand that with SP in power, they will not be able to succeed in their conspiracy," he said.
SP supremo Mulayam Singh Yadav`s fight against communalism has people`s support and they trust him, he said.
The VHP has given a call to hold Sankalp Diwas tomorrow to press for a parliamentary legislation on building Ram Temple. The UP government, however, has banned it citing security concerns.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dadri lynching: Is Kejriwal spreading poison between Hindus and Muslims?
- Muslims asked to sprinkle cow urine on body in order to be part of Garba festivities
- Congress workers blow up pigeons by blasting them inside rockets
- Dadri lynching: Rahul Gandhi reaches Dadri, meets victim Iqlakh's family
- Dadri lynching: Prime accused's father refutes allegations; says son is innocent
- Indrani Mukerjea regains consciousness, out of danger, says hospital
- Russia bombs ISIS headquarters in Syria, video goes viral on internet - Watch
- In Pics: Indian Super League 2015 opening ceremony!
- Dadri lynching case: Sadhvi Prachi makes provocative remark, says beef-eaters deserve such fate
- Read: What Salman Khan has to say about Akshay's 'Singh Is Bliing'