Court defers hearing in Muzaffarnagar riots case till July 16
Muzaffarnagar: A local court has recorded the statement of a witness and deferred till July 16 the hearing in the Kawal killing case here.
The complainant Arvind Kumar, deposed in court last evening and said that his son Gaurav and nephew Sachin were beaten to death allegedly by the accused.
Additional District and Sessions Judge Jitendra Kumar has deferred the hearing and fixed July 16 for cross examination of Arvind in the case.
According to the prosecution, the two youths were beaten to death by the five accused Mujassim, Muzammi, Nadeem, Furkan and Jajangir in Kawal?village in the district on August 27, 2013.
The family of Gaurav had lodged an FIR against seven persons following which the Special Investigation Team (SIT) had filed a charge sheet against the five accused on November 27.
Tension had prevailed in Kawal village after three persons were killed over an eve-teasing incident, making it the epicentre of the riots in Muzaffarnagar and adjoining areas that claimed over 60 lives and left more than 40,000 homeless.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Valour of a soldier: CRPF officer Satwant Singh fights Naxals till his last breath
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- Virat Kohli's 'shot of the year' already has a big challenger – See video to believe!
- WATCH: Dope-tainted Brock Lesnar causes carnage on return to WWE Raw ahead of Royal Rumble