Court defers hearing in Muzaffarnagar riots case till July 16
Muzaffarnagar: A local court has recorded the statement of a witness and deferred till July 16 the hearing in the Kawal killing case here.
The complainant Arvind Kumar, deposed in court last evening and said that his son Gaurav and nephew Sachin were beaten to death allegedly by the accused.
Additional District and Sessions Judge Jitendra Kumar has deferred the hearing and fixed July 16 for cross examination of Arvind in the case.
According to the prosecution, the two youths were beaten to death by the five accused Mujassim, Muzammi, Nadeem, Furkan and Jajangir in Kawal?village in the district on August 27, 2013.
The family of Gaurav had lodged an FIR against seven persons following which the Special Investigation Team (SIT) had filed a charge sheet against the five accused on November 27.
Tension had prevailed in Kawal village after three persons were killed over an eve-teasing incident, making it the epicentre of the riots in Muzaffarnagar and adjoining areas that claimed over 60 lives and left more than 40,000 homeless.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- President Mukherjee inspect International Fleet Review at Vishakhapatnam
- Divyansh's death not an accident, but a murder?
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How realising the purpose of life gives you direction
- Was Divyansh sexually assaulted and then murdered?
- India takes inspiration from Iran; sets up 'Hanger of Kindness' in Delhi
- VIDEO: Mohammad Amir's hat-trick in Match 2 of PSL 2016
- Oh so cute! PM Narendra Modi pulls Akshay Kumar's son Aarav Kumar's ear!-- See pic
- Muslim personal law can't be subjected to scrutiny by Supreme Court: Jamiat-Ulama-i-Hind
- IPL 2016 auction - As it happened...
- Ryan child death: Sexual assault allegations should be probed, says Manish Sisodia