Crushing on in 118 UP sugar mills
Lucknow: The UP government on Monday said of 128
sugar mills in the state, 118 units have started crushing with
nearly 51 lakh quintal cane being crushed every day.
"As of now 118 mills have started their operations and
remaining 10 units are expected to start crushing by the next
week," Cane and Sugar Industry Minister Naseemuddin Siddiqui
said here during a review meeting.
The minister also directed the department concerned to
conduct surprise raids at cane purchase centres and if any
irregularity was detected district level officers will be
suspended and an inquiry would be ordered against them.
Cooperative and corporation mills can purchase cane on
the rate being offered by private mills after keeping in view
their financial condition, the minister said.
According to Cane Commissioner Sudhir M Bobade, at
present 51 lakh quintal cane are being crushed every day. It
is expected to reach 76 lakh quintal in new few days.
He said the sugar mills are already paying advance price
to the farmers and the mills have already made payments of Rs
187 crore to the farmers.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand
- Serial child rapist arrested in Delhi, says 'preyed on girls for sexual satisfaction, enjoyed it'
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert