Crushing on in 118 UP sugar mills
Lucknow: The UP government on Monday said of 128
sugar mills in the state, 118 units have started crushing with
nearly 51 lakh quintal cane being crushed every day.
"As of now 118 mills have started their operations and
remaining 10 units are expected to start crushing by the next
week," Cane and Sugar Industry Minister Naseemuddin Siddiqui
said here during a review meeting.
The minister also directed the department concerned to
conduct surprise raids at cane purchase centres and if any
irregularity was detected district level officers will be
suspended and an inquiry would be ordered against them.
Cooperative and corporation mills can purchase cane on
the rate being offered by private mills after keeping in view
their financial condition, the minister said.
According to Cane Commissioner Sudhir M Bobade, at
present 51 lakh quintal cane are being crushed every day. It
is expected to reach 76 lakh quintal in new few days.
He said the sugar mills are already paying advance price
to the farmers and the mills have already made payments of Rs
187 crore to the farmers.
- NHRC issues notice to Rajasthan government over death of 11 children in home
- Delhi: 10-year-old boy dies due to overdose of Vitamin D
- Haryana: Groom injured in celebratory firing at wedding in Hissar
- Phase V of West Bengal Assembly polls starts today
- Discussion over Mamata Banerjee's close aide Firhad Hakim's 'mini Pakistan' comment
- Crucial file on 'truth behind Netaji Subhas Chandra Bose's disappearance' destroyed in 1972
- Russian woman raped in Goa by guest house owner
- Nobody can portray Lakhan better than me: Anil Kapoor
- PHOTOS: How Mumbai Indians' captain Rohit Sharma celebrated his 29th birthday!
- Mamata Banerjee's close aide Firhad Hakim describes West Bengal's Garden Reach as 'mini-pakistan', draws flak