Crushing on in 118 UP sugar mills
Lucknow: The UP government on Monday said of 128
sugar mills in the state, 118 units have started crushing with
nearly 51 lakh quintal cane being crushed every day.
"As of now 118 mills have started their operations and
remaining 10 units are expected to start crushing by the next
week," Cane and Sugar Industry Minister Naseemuddin Siddiqui
said here during a review meeting.
The minister also directed the department concerned to
conduct surprise raids at cane purchase centres and if any
irregularity was detected district level officers will be
suspended and an inquiry would be ordered against them.
Cooperative and corporation mills can purchase cane on
the rate being offered by private mills after keeping in view
their financial condition, the minister said.
According to Cane Commissioner Sudhir M Bobade, at
present 51 lakh quintal cane are being crushed every day. It
is expected to reach 76 lakh quintal in new few days.
He said the sugar mills are already paying advance price
to the farmers and the mills have already made payments of Rs
187 crore to the farmers.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is this for real: Ajinkya Rahane bizarre shot went for six, concerned Virat Kohli settles with smile — WATCH
- WATCH: Tom Latham takes IMPOSSIBLE catch to dismiss Faf du Plessis
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!