Damaged cable hits train services on Delhi-Howrah route
Lucknow: Movement of several trains has been affected on the busy Delhi-Howrah rail route after an overhead power cable was damaged in Uttar Pradesh`s Hathras district Thursday, officials said.
At least six long-distance trains came to a halt near Pura railway station in Hathras, some 300 km from Lucknow, after the cable snapped around 11 am.
"We are yet to ascertain what led to the damage," Hathras station superintendent NL Agarwal told reporters. "Railway officials are working to restore the cable."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dadri lynching: Is Kejriwal spreading poison between Hindus and Muslims?
- Muslims asked to sprinkle cow urine on body in order to be part of Garba festivities
- Congress workers blow up pigeons by blasting them inside rockets
- Dadri lynching: Rahul Gandhi reaches Dadri, meets victim Iqlakh's family
- Dadri lynching: Prime accused's father refutes allegations; says son is innocent
- Indrani Mukerjea regains consciousness, out of danger, says hospital
- Russia bombs ISIS headquarters in Syria, video goes viral on internet - Watch
- In Pics: Indian Super League 2015 opening ceremony!
- Dadri lynching case: Sadhvi Prachi makes provocative remark, says beef-eaters deserve such fate
- Read: What Salman Khan has to say about Akshay's 'Singh Is Bliing'