Damaged cable hits train services on Delhi-Howrah route
Lucknow: Movement of several trains has been affected on the busy Delhi-Howrah rail route after an overhead power cable was damaged in Uttar Pradesh`s Hathras district Thursday, officials said.
At least six long-distance trains came to a halt near Pura railway station in Hathras, some 300 km from Lucknow, after the cable snapped around 11 am.
"We are yet to ascertain what led to the damage," Hathras station superintendent NL Agarwal told reporters. "Railway officials are working to restore the cable."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- J&K: LeT militant gunned down by security forces in Bandipora
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city