Demand in RS for Allahabad High Court bench in Western UP
New Delhi: A demand was made in the Rajya Sabha to set up a bench of Allahabad High Court in Western Uttar Pradesh.
Making the demand, K C Tyagi (JD-U) noted that the distance of Allahabad from some of areas of Western UP is up to 700 km and reminded the government that earlier the people of Telangana had also demanded a bench of High Court.
"You did not give a high court bench but gave an entire state," he said.
Tyagi said that if the demand for the High Court bench was not considered, there will be turmoil in Western UP.
Sabir Ali (JD-U) was critical of the functioning of Oil and Natural Gas Company (ONGC).
Speaking amid din, Ali said there was no check on the finances of ONGC and alleged that the bigwigs were protecting the top bosses of the ONGC, which invested Rs 2.1 billion in buying and "has not earned a single rupee" from it.
Birendra Prasad Baishya (AGP) raised the issue of dengue in Assam and demanded attention from the Centre on a par with what was done when the disease had spread in Delhi.
Flagging the shortage of equipments and medical facilities in Guwahati, Baishya said Government should send a special team there. "Don`t discriminate against Assam. Give the same facilities to Assam, which you give to Delhi," he said.
Members from all parties supported him.
Ram Vilas Paswan (LJP) in his Zero Hour mention demanded inclusion of Pali language in the list of permitted regional languages in UPSC.
He said that the representation of Hindi regions has come down due to new norms in the UPSC.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ceasefire violations by Pak: Should India carry out surgical strike part-II?
- Pak High Commission staffer grilled for spying, asked to leave India
- Panel discussion on the need of Pakistan's ambassador in India
- Meet Lynlee Hope - Texas baby who was 'born' twice!
- DNA: Zee Media's campaign to celebrate Diwali with soldier's family
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- Diwali 2016: Dhanteras Puja timings, Tithi and Vidhi
- Pakistan declares Indian High Commission official persona non grata, asks him to leave country
- UPA govt thought of attacking Lashkar HQ, training camps after 26/11 strike, claims ex-NSA Shivshankar Menon