Deoband opposes full body scanners at American airport
Muzaffarnagar: A leading Islamic seminary today strongly opposed use of full body scanners in American airports, saying that the security screening system was in violation of Islamic law.
"Full body scanning is against the Shariat. It is in violation of Islam as men and women can be seen naked by other men and women," acting Vice-Chancellor of Darul-uloom Deoband Maulana Abdul Khalik Madrasi said here upholding the `fatwa` issued by the US-based Fiqh Council of North America.
He said that Islam emphasises "haya" (modesty) and treated covering of the body as part of the faith.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of public pulse through survey by Zee News on Bihar elections
- DNA: End of ISIS? Vladimir Putin to send 1,50,000 soldiers to Syria
- Russia surprises America with accord on battling ISIS
- Panel discussion on Muslim vote bank in Bihar elections
- Bihar polls: Lalu's younger son claims to be older than elder brother
- India vs South Africa: How cricket fraternity reacted to crowd's disgraceful behaviour at Cuttack
- Salman Khan, Aamir Khan's friendship turns sour? Here's the truth
- BJP-led NDA predicted to win 147 seats in Bihar Assembly Elections: Survey
- Can Lalu Prasad Yadav's elder son Tej be less in age than younger son Tejaswi?
- Dadri lynching: Any threat to secular fabric of country would not be tolerated, says Rajnath Singh