Deoband opposes full body scanners at American airport
Muzaffarnagar: A leading Islamic seminary today strongly opposed use of full body scanners in American airports, saying that the security screening system was in violation of Islamic law.
"Full body scanning is against the Shariat. It is in violation of Islam as men and women can be seen naked by other men and women," acting Vice-Chancellor of Darul-uloom Deoband Maulana Abdul Khalik Madrasi said here upholding the `fatwa` issued by the US-based Fiqh Council of North America.
He said that Islam emphasises "haya" (modesty) and treated covering of the body as part of the faith.
- First phase of NEET examination today as Supreme Court says allow exam to be held
- Andhra Pradesh to become first 'Open Defecation Free' state
- SC, ST promotions: Shivraj Singh-led government to move Supreme Court
- Bombed Brussels airport departure hall to reopen today
- Bachchans, SRK, Salman attend Bipasha-Karan Singh Grover’s wedding reception