Despite rise in day temperatures, 10 die due to cold in UP
Lucknow: Despite a rise in the day
temperatures at many places in Uttar Pradesh, 10 more persons
have died in the state due to the cold, taking the death toll
this winter to 516.
While three persons died overnight due to the cold in
Chandauli, two deaths each were reported from Mau and Jaunpur
and one each from Sitapur, Padrauna and Azamgarh, official
Farukkhabad, which recorded a minimum temperature of
3.8 degree celsius, was the coldest place in the state,
followed by Gorakhpur, where mercury the mercury settled at
5.8 degrees, four degrees below normal, the Met department
In Varanasi, the minimum temperature was recorded at
six degrees, four three marks below normal and in Sultanpur,
the mercury settled at 6 degrees, three notches below normal.
Bareilly recorded a low of of 7 degrees, two marks below
However, day temperatures were on the upswing at many
places. Lucknow, which experienced a day temperature of 17.2
degrees yesterday, saw the mercury rise to 18.8 degrees, the
Met office said.
Similarly, the day temperature was also higher in
Bahraich at 18.6 degrees in comparison to yesterday`s 14.4
In Kanpur, the maximum temperature was 18.5 degrees,
four degrees below normal.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- One year of Modi govt: PM promises to fulfil aspirations
- Watch: Mumbai cops find new secret agents in housewives!
- Hundreds die as heat wave continues in India
- 2G scam: Ex-TRAI chief alleges Manmohan Singh had warned him to cooperate
- Salman Khan attends sister Arpita's wedding reception in Mandi
- Pranab Mukherjee defends Bofors scam, says it was just a media trial
- Zee Media's mega survey on Modi govt
- Zee Media Exclusive: Vidya Balan chats about 'Hamari Adhuri Kahani'
- Para athlete Deepa Malik complains of callous service by Air India
- I eat beef, can somebody stop me?: Kiren Rijiju hits back at Naqvi
- Delhi: Visually impaired boy scores 91.4% in CBSE 12th Board exams
- Smriti Irani visits Amethi, promises to pay insurance money to 25,000 women
- One year of Modi govt: Amit Shah addresses media
- MP: 14-year-old boy works as bonded labour since 2009
- UP: Man chops off wife's nose, hair for dowry
- Arpita-Aayush wedding reception: Salman Khan spreads love in Mandi, says `hum aapke hain`
- One year of NDA govt: PM Modi writes open letter to nation, promises to transform India
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 to be announced today
- World optimistic about India: PM Narendra Modi on 1 year of NDA govt
- MSBSHSE Class 12th HSC results 2015 to be declared at 1pm tomorrow
- Check mahresult.nic.in for MSBSHSE Maharashtra Class 12 HSC Result 2015
- Rahul Gandhi takes a dig at one year of Modi govt, wishes 'happy birthday' to 'suit-boot ki sarkar'
- Bharatiya Janata Party lacks majority for Ram Temple, Article 370: Amit Shah
- Maharashtra MSBSHSE HSC Result 2015 on mahresult.nic.in
- AAP govt moves resolution against MHA notification: As it happened
- I was misquoted, says Kiren Rijiju on 'beef' remark
- Heatwave kills 90 more in Andhra, Telangana; toll crosses 800
- Gujjars adamant on holding talks in Bayana; rail tracks remain blocked
- CBSE 10th result to be declared tomorrow