Dimple Yadav takes oath as Lok Sabha member
New Delhi: Dimple Yadav, the wife of Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav, Wednesday took oath as a Lok Sabha member from Kannauj. She had won the by-election, caused by her husband`s resignation, unopposed in June.
Along with Yadav, M Raja Mohan Reddy, the newly-elected MP from Nellore in Andhra Pradesh, also took oath. Reddy is from the YSR Congress.
They took oath on the first day of Parliament`s monsoon session.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jharkhand: 2 dead, several injured in clashes between police, villagers in Ramgarh
- Delhi minister meets Jain monk over Vishal Dadlani tweet controversy
- One killed in annual bull racing in Peru
- 16-year-old Indian-origin boy finds cure for breast cancer treatment
- Heartbreaking! Denied medical help, 12-year-old UP boy dies on dad's shoulder
- 'Indo-US logistic pact is not agreement to set up bases'
- Defiant Rousseff says Brazil's democracy on trial with her
- Small group holding majority to ransom: Manohar Parrikar on Kashmir
- Alphabet executive steps down from Uber board amid growing competition
- Facebook CEO says group will not become a media company