DPRO manhandled by former office bearer of SP
Lakhimpur: A district panchayati raj officer was allegedly manhandled by a former office bearer of the SP`s frontal organisation along with his three accomplices, police said here.
Some SP workers barged into DPRO Bhaskar Dutt Pandey`s office at Vikas Bawan late last night and pressurised him to award some tenders in their favour, they said.
When the DPRO expressed his inability stating that the District Magistrate had already cancelled the tenders, the SP activists allegedly went berserk and dragged away Pandey from his chamber and misbehaved with him.
They also threatened the DPRO of dire consequences.
Pandey later informed the local authorities about the incident and approached the police station to lodge an FIR against four persons, including outgoing district chief of SP Lohiya Vahini Guddu Yadav, Om Ji, Dinesh and one unidentified person.
Meanwhile, District SP President Shashank Yadav taking serious note of the incident said local unit general secretary has been asked to submit his report in this regard.
"The indisciplined leaders and activists will not be tolerated in the party and anyone who is found indulged in tainting the party image will be shown the door," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Furkan, not Tiger Memon, arrested in Pakistan
- Sonakshi Sinha silences Twitter troll for calling her ugly and it's epic!
- Sheena Bora murder case: Peter Mukerjea's statement recorded, police search his Worli residence
- Modi effect! Pakistan-occupied Kashmir wants to be part of India
- Rafiabad encounter ends with one terrorist dead; an Army jawan also martyred