DPRO manhandled by former office bearer of SP
Lakhimpur: A district panchayati raj officer was allegedly manhandled by a former office bearer of the SP`s frontal organisation along with his three accomplices, police said here.
Some SP workers barged into DPRO Bhaskar Dutt Pandey`s office at Vikas Bawan late last night and pressurised him to award some tenders in their favour, they said.
When the DPRO expressed his inability stating that the District Magistrate had already cancelled the tenders, the SP activists allegedly went berserk and dragged away Pandey from his chamber and misbehaved with him.
They also threatened the DPRO of dire consequences.
Pandey later informed the local authorities about the incident and approached the police station to lodge an FIR against four persons, including outgoing district chief of SP Lohiya Vahini Guddu Yadav, Om Ji, Dinesh and one unidentified person.
Meanwhile, District SP President Shashank Yadav taking serious note of the incident said local unit general secretary has been asked to submit his report in this regard.
"The indisciplined leaders and activists will not be tolerated in the party and anyone who is found indulged in tainting the party image will be shown the door," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Exclusive: Chat with 'Jazbaa' stars Aishwarya Rai and Irrfan Khan!
- Delhi government to add environment tax in electricity bill
- AAP govt suggests four-fold hike in MLAs salaries
- DNA: Indian Army's 'Phantom Guns’ to defend border with Pakistan
- Shaheed Express train's freight coach catches fire on Ludhiana railway station
- India vs South Africa 2015: 3rd T20I - Preview
- Modi govt turns down IAF's request for more foreign fighter planes, pushes for Made-in-India Tejas
- Indrani Mukerjea back in jail; claims did not take pills, was upset because of mother's death
- Unbelievable! Crops destroyed for Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi's rally in Karnataka
- Asaduddin Owaisi's brother Akbaruddin in trouble over poll speech, arrest warrant issued