DPRO manhandled by former office bearer of SP
Lakhimpur: A district panchayati raj officer was allegedly manhandled by a former office bearer of the SP`s frontal organisation along with his three accomplices, police said here.
Some SP workers barged into DPRO Bhaskar Dutt Pandey`s office at Vikas Bawan late last night and pressurised him to award some tenders in their favour, they said.
When the DPRO expressed his inability stating that the District Magistrate had already cancelled the tenders, the SP activists allegedly went berserk and dragged away Pandey from his chamber and misbehaved with him.
They also threatened the DPRO of dire consequences.
Pandey later informed the local authorities about the incident and approached the police station to lodge an FIR against four persons, including outgoing district chief of SP Lohiya Vahini Guddu Yadav, Om Ji, Dinesh and one unidentified person.
Meanwhile, District SP President Shashank Yadav taking serious note of the incident said local unit general secretary has been asked to submit his report in this regard.
"The indisciplined leaders and activists will not be tolerated in the party and anyone who is found indulged in tainting the party image will be shown the door," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling