DPRO manhandled by former office bearer of SP
Lakhimpur: A district panchayati raj officer was allegedly manhandled by a former office bearer of the SP`s frontal organisation along with his three accomplices, police said here.
Some SP workers barged into DPRO Bhaskar Dutt Pandey`s office at Vikas Bawan late last night and pressurised him to award some tenders in their favour, they said.
When the DPRO expressed his inability stating that the District Magistrate had already cancelled the tenders, the SP activists allegedly went berserk and dragged away Pandey from his chamber and misbehaved with him.
They also threatened the DPRO of dire consequences.
Pandey later informed the local authorities about the incident and approached the police station to lodge an FIR against four persons, including outgoing district chief of SP Lohiya Vahini Guddu Yadav, Om Ji, Dinesh and one unidentified person.
Meanwhile, District SP President Shashank Yadav taking serious note of the incident said local unit general secretary has been asked to submit his report in this regard.
"The indisciplined leaders and activists will not be tolerated in the party and anyone who is found indulged in tainting the party image will be shown the door," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- ISIS terrorists escape Mosul disguised in women's clothing
- J&K: Suspected Pakistani spy arrested in Samba district
- DNA: Reporting on war against ISIS in Mosul
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Hema Malini did not accept land for dance academy: Government to HC
- Seven Pak rangers, one militant killed in retaliatory firing by BSF on Jammu border
- LIVE Cricket Score, IND vs NZ, 3rd ODI: Chasing 286-run target, India lose Rahane and Rohit early
- Samajwadi Party feud LIVE: Mulayam sacks Ram Gopal Yadav from party for six years; Shivpal says he is corrupt, involved with BJP