DPRO manhandled by former office bearer of SP
Lakhimpur: A district panchayati raj officer was allegedly manhandled by a former office bearer of the SP`s frontal organisation along with his three accomplices, police said here.
Some SP workers barged into DPRO Bhaskar Dutt Pandey`s office at Vikas Bawan late last night and pressurised him to award some tenders in their favour, they said.
When the DPRO expressed his inability stating that the District Magistrate had already cancelled the tenders, the SP activists allegedly went berserk and dragged away Pandey from his chamber and misbehaved with him.
They also threatened the DPRO of dire consequences.
Pandey later informed the local authorities about the incident and approached the police station to lodge an FIR against four persons, including outgoing district chief of SP Lohiya Vahini Guddu Yadav, Om Ji, Dinesh and one unidentified person.
Meanwhile, District SP President Shashank Yadav taking serious note of the incident said local unit general secretary has been asked to submit his report in this regard.
"The indisciplined leaders and activists will not be tolerated in the party and anyone who is found indulged in tainting the party image will be shown the door," he said.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way
- Watch: Boy dies after falling from a Mumbai local train – video maker is guilty too!
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Watch: ISIS terrorist blown into pieces while bragging about his previous victory
- Shocking! World Cup winning cricketer forced to sell 'kachoris' to make a living