Eleven troopers booked for killing men during clash in UP
Lucknow: Eleven troopers of the paramilitary Sashastra Seema Bal (SSB) have been booked for killing two villagers during a clash in Uttar Pradesh`s Lakhimpur district, police said Tuesday, a day after the incident.
"We registered a case of murder late Monday against 11 SSB personnel, including Deputy Commandant Manjit Singh," Deputy Superintendent of Police Vivek Chandra told reporters in Lakhimpur.
The dispute started after some troopers in a vehicle tried to overtake a Bolero jeep carrying villagers. The SSB vehicle could not overtake the Bolero and followed it till it stopped at Trikolia village, about 200 km from here.
The verbal duel that followed snowballed into a clash that saw troopers open fire, killing two men and injuring two.
"Action against more SSB personnel could also be taken as the inquiry is still underway. Moreover, a magisterial probe is also being carried out separately on the directions of the district authorities," Chandra said.
According to police, a first information report (FIR) has not been registered against the villagers on the complaint of SSB troopers, who alleged that they were held captive by the local residents for several hours.
"The allegations levelled by the SSB troopers are yet to be established. An inquiry is also on in this regard," said Chandra.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vadodara: Policemen seen dancing with bar girls
- PM Modi speaks at Golden Jubilee celebrations of poet Dinkar’s works
- Zee Media Exclusive: Kangana, Madhavan talk about their film 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns'
- DNA: Harmful chemicals found in Maggi, Nestle India still in denial mode
- Coal scam: Naveen Jindal, Madhu Koda and others get bail
- One year of Modi govt: Arun Jaitley addresses press conference
- ISIS executes Syrian fighter using anti-tank rocket launcher
- CM Kejriwal shortlists 39 'unwanted' IAS officers in Delhi
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with Congress leader Kamal Nath
- DNA: Modi-led NDA govt's hits and misses in one year
- Rajasthan: Gujjars revive reservation agitation, block rail track
- Columbia student takes rape-protest mattress to graduation
- J Jayalalithaa sworn-in as Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Mumbai: One injured in shootout at Film City
- Delhi: Car catches fire after crash, one dead
- IPL 2015, Qualifier 2: CSK vs RCB - As it happened...
- Tanu Weds Manu Returns movie review: Brilliant execution, superb performance!
- India to soon have its own space shuttle!
- Kejriwal slams notification on LG's powers, says Modi running Delhi govt through back door
- PM Narendra Modi graces Digvijay Singh's son wedding reception
- Rahul Gandhi to pressurise govt to act on one-rank-one-pension issue
- Businessman shot next to Amitabh Bachchan's shooting location in Mumbai Film City
- Goa Board SSC Exam Results 2015 announced
- ISIS close to buying nuclear weapon from Pakistan?
- Manohar Parrikar visits forward areas along LoC, reviews security situation
- RBSE 12th Science & Commerce Board Result 2015 declared
- West Bengal Board Class 10th Madhyamik Pariksha Results 2015 announced
- There will be no delay in appointing CIC, CVC: Jitendra Singh