FIR to be lodged against six in rape case
Banda: An FIR will be lodged against six persons in connection with the alleged rape of a Dalit
girl here, a senior police official said here on Sunday.
On the basis of a written complaint given by the 19-year-old girl, a directive was issued to lodge an FIR against Sampat Pal, Rajesh Singh, Raja Bhaiyya, Munnu and two others, Superintendent of Police RK Srivastava said.
In her complaint, the girl, a resident of Santram Ka Purwa village, had said that she had sought protection from Sampat Pal against teasing by some persons, he said.
The girl alleged that Sampat took her to Badausa town on May 17 and later handed her to five-six persons, who raped her till July 1, police said, adding that on July 1, she was brought back to her village, where she was raped again.
Sampat, however, alleged conspiracy against him.
The girl had asked for her help so that she could marry her lover, Sampat said adding that on July 1 she escaped.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video
- Aamir Khan as Mahavir Singh Phogat in 'Dangal' title track looks phenomenal!
- Vodafone launches unlimited free voice calling offer for prepaid customers