Flat owners` union in Noida Ext to move court
Noida: A flat owners` association in Noida on Friday decided to take legal recourse after a private developer
allegedly sent letters to its flat buyers asking interest on
The Noida Extension Flat Owners and Members Association
(NEFOMA) decided that it would approach court in the second
week of January.
"Palm Olympia Builder is charging interest from buyers,
and not agreeing on taking back their demand letter. We have
invited all Palm Olympia flat buyers to come with their copy
of the demand letter on January 8 at Gole Chakkar here to plan
our legal options," NEFOMA general secretary Shweta Tiwari
The letter says that interests ranging from Rs 50,000 to
Rs 70,000 be paid within a fixed period, she claimed.
Flat owners are not willing to pay the interests as delay
in executing the project was due to the stalling of
construction work following court order in land acquisition
cases, Tiwari said.
"We have also decided that if the demands of flat owners
are not met before January 5, we will go to National Capital
Region Planning Board, Lodhi Colony Office, on January 9 and
protest there," she said.
The builder of the Palm Olympia project could not be
reached for its comments.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Watch: Reports on final deal of M-777 tanks between India and America
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video
- Gujarat man who disclosed Rs 14,000 crore unaccounted wealth goes missing
- Rahul Dravid heaps praise on Virat Kohli, R Ashwin; calls duo modern cricket legends
- Indian Army makes major changes in recruitment process – Click here to get updated information