Following the death of a youth over alleged police
Ghazipur: Following the death of a youth over alleged police brutality, locals Monday created ruckus at Hansrajpur police outpost and torched a police jeep besides indulging in stone pelting.
The incident took place this afternoon when locals gathered at the police station with the dead body of the victim, Ghanshyam, who was allegedly picked up by police for questioning yesterday and was set free later in the night in serious condition.
He died during treatment in a hospital today, police said.
Demanding action against those responsible for Ghyanshyam`s death, locals started pelting stones at the outpost, set afire a hut and the jeep of Dullapur SHO.
Senior officials have reached the spot and heavy police force has been deployed in the area.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India mourns Lance Naik Hanumanthappa Koppad's death: Who said what
- ISI trains JeM, LeT terrorists: Former Pak president Pervez Musharraf
- Kumar Vishwas' birthday bash: Ajit Doval, BJP and RSS leaders attend; Arvind Kejriwal missing
- Virat Kohli: Amid break-up rumors, cricketer spends time with most beautiful woman
- Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna reaches home, police and family remain tight-lipped over her recovery