Following the death of a youth over alleged police
Ghazipur: Following the death of a youth over alleged police brutality, locals Monday created ruckus at Hansrajpur police outpost and torched a police jeep besides indulging in stone pelting.
The incident took place this afternoon when locals gathered at the police station with the dead body of the victim, Ghanshyam, who was allegedly picked up by police for questioning yesterday and was set free later in the night in serious condition.
He died during treatment in a hospital today, police said.
Demanding action against those responsible for Ghyanshyam`s death, locals started pelting stones at the outpost, set afire a hut and the jeep of Dullapur SHO.
Senior officials have reached the spot and heavy police force has been deployed in the area.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Real Estate Act, designed to protect consumer interest, comes into force from today
- What an idea! Here's why NCP workers in Maharashtra danced in 'Nagin' style - Watch video
- John Kerry to travel to Geneva on Sunday in show of support for Syria ceasefire: US
- Istanbul braces for police lockdown on May Day
- Jat leaders to hold ‘jail bharo’ movement in Haryana today, section 144 imposed in Jind