Following the death of a youth over alleged police
Ghazipur: Following the death of a youth over alleged police brutality, locals Monday created ruckus at Hansrajpur police outpost and torched a police jeep besides indulging in stone pelting.
The incident took place this afternoon when locals gathered at the police station with the dead body of the victim, Ghanshyam, who was allegedly picked up by police for questioning yesterday and was set free later in the night in serious condition.
He died during treatment in a hospital today, police said.
Demanding action against those responsible for Ghyanshyam`s death, locals started pelting stones at the outpost, set afire a hut and the jeep of Dullapur SHO.
Senior officials have reached the spot and heavy police force has been deployed in the area.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Parade and hang Tiger, not Yakub: Salman Khan
- Mann Ki Baat: PM Modi pays tribute to Kargil war martyrs
- India to give fresh dossier to Pakistan on Lakhvi, Dawood, Hafiz
- Veterans serve country but do not get their due, says Anna Hazare
- Salman's controversial tweet on Yakub Memon a 'contempt of court'?
- PM Modi's 10th edition of 'Mann Ki Baat': As it happened
- Anna Hazare extends support to ex-servicemen over OROP protests
- Watch: Yuvraj Singh takes up Shoaib Malik's challenge, puts on his dancing shoes
- Mann ki Baat: Govt to provide cashless treatment to road accident victims, says PM Modi
- SC to resume hearing on Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's mercy plea on Tuesday