Following the death of a youth over alleged police
Ghazipur: Following the death of a youth over alleged police brutality, locals Monday created ruckus at Hansrajpur police outpost and torched a police jeep besides indulging in stone pelting.
The incident took place this afternoon when locals gathered at the police station with the dead body of the victim, Ghanshyam, who was allegedly picked up by police for questioning yesterday and was set free later in the night in serious condition.
He died during treatment in a hospital today, police said.
Demanding action against those responsible for Ghyanshyam`s death, locals started pelting stones at the outpost, set afire a hut and the jeep of Dullapur SHO.
Senior officials have reached the spot and heavy police force has been deployed in the area.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- RJD strongman Shahabuddin brought to Delhi
- UP elections in third phase; voting on 69 seats of 12 districts
- Panel discussion over why SP government is backing Gayatri Prajapati
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- J&K: 26 soldiers martyred, 22 militants killed as Army steps up security in Valley
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating on 'record' Puma deal
- Virat Kohli becomes first Indian sportsperson to sign Rs 100-crore endorsement deal