Former UP minister dies of cardiac arrest
Lucknow: Former Uttar Pradesh minister and three-time legislator from Vishwanathganj seat in the state`s Pratapgarh district, Raja Ram Pandey, died late Thursday following a massive heart attack.
The 58-year-old leader had held the portfolio of Khadi and Gramudyog in the Akhilesh Yadav government. He was removed from the state Cabinet on April 15 this year over his alleged sexist remarks about woman officials which sparked off national outrage.
Pandey, amid talks of Cabinet expansion on Friday, had gone to meet the Chief Minister. Soon after returning to his Raj Bhawan colony residence, he began vomiting and collapsed. His staff said that as he was rushed to the Civil hospital around midnight, but he had a massive cardiac arrest and died on the way.
He was said to be an affable politician, who got along well with his colleagues, officials and media.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Have political parties diverted from development agenda in UP elections?
- Pakistan cancels licenses of weapons issued to Hafiz Saeed and his aides
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- Reliance Jio Prime Membership at Rs 99: All you need to know about the plan
- 'Intolerance brigade' attacks Zee News' #FatehKaFatwa host Tarek Fateh - WATCH