Four arrested with antique idols worth Rs.5 crore
Lucknow: Four men have been arrested in Uttar Pradesh`s Pratapgarh district with two `ashtdhatu` (eight-metal) idols worth Rs.5 crore in the international market, police said Monday.
The four, who are residents of Kaushambhi and Allahabad districts, were nabbed late Sunday in Mandhata town, some 150 km from Lucknow, and Lord Buddha idols were seized from them.
"Acting on a tip-off, we managed to arrest the four who were on their way to sell the idols," Inspector SD Dubey told reporters Monday in Prataphgarh.
"We are yet to ascertain the place where from the two idols were stolen. The four men are giving contradictory statements in this regard," he added.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- Basic ideals of Constitution are in danger: Sonia Gandhi
- PM Modi greets nation on occasion of first Constitution Day
- Manjula Vaghela's journey: From rag picker to head of a firm with Rs 1 cr turnover!
- Indian Army faces shortage of field firing ranges in J&K
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Intolerance issue: Those attacking me are only proving my point, says Aamir Khan – Read full statement
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case
- 10 interesting facts about Constitution which every Indian must know
- See pic: Genelia marks son's birthday!