Four sentenced to life for murder in UP
Ballia: Four persons were sentenced to life imprisonment by a local court here in a nearly 16-year-old murder case.
Additional District Judge Kishore Kumar held Veer Bahadur, Rajaram, Babban and Brij Koshore guilty yesterday and also imposed a fine of Rs 10,000 each on them.
The four had attacked villagers Bhola Singh, Chandrashekhar, Chandrabhan and Ramdev in March 1996 over an old rivalry in Harpur village.
One of the victim Bhola later succumbed to injuries.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Is it time for India to respond militarily to Pak terror instead of peace talks?
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’