Four sentenced to life for murder in UP
Ballia: Four persons were sentenced to life imprisonment by a local court here in a nearly 16-year-old murder case.
Additional District Judge Kishore Kumar held Veer Bahadur, Rajaram, Babban and Brij Koshore guilty yesterday and also imposed a fine of Rs 10,000 each on them.
The four had attacked villagers Bhola Singh, Chandrashekhar, Chandrabhan and Ramdev in March 1996 over an old rivalry in Harpur village.
One of the victim Bhola later succumbed to injuries.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dausa car crash: Hema Malini injured, child killed; MP's driver booked for over speeding
- Islamic State trying to gain foothold in Pakistan-occupied Kashmir: Army
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- Kapil Sharma shares pic with Salman Khan; ‘Comedy Nights...’ to go off air
- Wimbledon: Novak Djokovic, Maria Sharapova cruise into last 16