Four sentenced to life for murder in UP
Ballia: Four persons were sentenced to life imprisonment by a local court here in a nearly 16-year-old murder case.
Additional District Judge Kishore Kumar held Veer Bahadur, Rajaram, Babban and Brij Koshore guilty yesterday and also imposed a fine of Rs 10,000 each on them.
The four had attacked villagers Bhola Singh, Chandrashekhar, Chandrabhan and Ramdev in March 1996 over an old rivalry in Harpur village.
One of the victim Bhola later succumbed to injuries.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- Exclusive: This is what Kashmir's stone pelters have to say!
- India to activate laser walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- Former bureaucrat BK Bansal commits suicide along with his son at Delhi residence
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says
- Rameez Raja picks all-time XI - Three Indians, but just one Pakistani make it to the list
- This Hindu-dominated village in West Bengal is not allowed to organise Durga Puja as Muslims don't want it
- As Pakistan gloats over hosting 70 Russians, 250 Indian Army soldiers renew bonds in Vladivostok