Fugitive gang-rape accused surrenders in UP court
Muzaffarnagar: A man, accused of gangraping a 16-year-old girl, has surrendered before a court in Muzaffarnagar district Wednesday, officials said.
The accused has been sent to 14-days of judicial custody by the Additional Chief Judicial Magistrate Vishvanath.
The 16-year-old girl was abducted from Shishak colony of Muzaffarnagar and gang-raped in a nearby jungle by seven youths on January 9.
Five accused were earlier arrested in this connection while one is still absconding.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Congress workers blow up pigeons by blasting them inside rockets
- Indian Army 5th deadliest in the world: Report
- Beef row: Lalu Prasad Yadav contradicts his statements
- Lalu Yadav's son Tejasvi Yadav wants to change the face of Bihar education
- Indrani Mukerjea attains consciousness; is now out of danger
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Parrikar hits out at Nawaz Sharif, says India doesn't need advice about troops in Siachen
- Prefer to ignore what Nawaz Sharif said at UN, says Manohar Parrikar
- Congressmen tie pigeon inside rocket to welcome their leader – A must watch for Rahul Gandhi
- Neither Dadri nor Babri: India is 'Muslim woman delivering 'Ganesha' inside temple'