Fugitive gang-rape accused surrenders in UP court
Muzaffarnagar: A man, accused of gangraping a 16-year-old girl, has surrendered before a court in Muzaffarnagar district Wednesday, officials said.
The accused has been sent to 14-days of judicial custody by the Additional Chief Judicial Magistrate Vishvanath.
The 16-year-old girl was abducted from Shishak colony of Muzaffarnagar and gang-raped in a nearby jungle by seven youths on January 9.
Five accused were earlier arrested in this connection while one is still absconding.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Munich attack: 18-year-old German-Iranian gunman kills 9 at shopping mall
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley?
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley? Part II
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley? Part III
- DNA: Analyzing the real problems of patriotic Kashmir's residents
- Three-year-old boy, rescued from a borewell in Gwalior, declared dead by doctors
- Thanks to natural forces, Antarctic temperature falls! But it's temporary
- I wanted to bat in the top seven for a long time, reveals Ravichandran Ashwin
- Ugly spat: Renuka Chowdhury reacts to Harsimrat Kaur's 'Kachra' allegation, calls it 'cheap political drama'
- Three suspects arrested in Florida for trying to join terror group ISIS