Fugitive gang-rape accused surrenders in UP court
Muzaffarnagar: A man, accused of gangraping a 16-year-old girl, has surrendered before a court in Muzaffarnagar district Wednesday, officials said.
The accused has been sent to 14-days of judicial custody by the Additional Chief Judicial Magistrate Vishvanath.
The 16-year-old girl was abducted from Shishak colony of Muzaffarnagar and gang-raped in a nearby jungle by seven youths on January 9.
Five accused were earlier arrested in this connection while one is still absconding.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ganga river crosses danger mark in UP, Bihar and West Bengal
- NDMC issues notices to President's Estate for mosquito breeding
- DNA: Analysis of how Indian women's success in Olympics changed mindset of our society
- DNA: Analysis of how Indian women's success in Olympics changed mindset of our society- Part II
- DNA: Analysis of loss caused by floods in India
- Vodafone to start e-KYC from Aug 24 for instant SIM activation
- Belgian jazz musician Toots Thielemans dies at 94
- Finance Ministry expects new RBI Governor Urjit Patel to push growth while checking inflation
- Tata Motors launches two new commercial vehicles in Indonesia
- ArcelorMittal to pay $110 million fine for price fixing in South Africa