Galaxy of leaders to attend Akhilesh`s oath taking
Lucknow: Akhilesh Yadav`s oath taking as Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister is all set to be a grand event with several prominent leaders cutting across party lines likely to attend the ceremony on March 15.
"Prominent leaders of various political parties, including chief ministers of some states, are being invited who may attend the ceremony on March 15," SP sources said here on Sunday. The list of invitees is being finalised by the top leaders, they said.
In fact SP supremo Mulayam Singh and Akhilesh are in Delhi for the Budget session of Parliament where they would extend personal invitations to leaders of various political parties.
There were possibilities that invitation would be given to Bihar CM Nitish Kumar, West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee, Odisha CM Naveen Patnaik, leaders of Left parties Prakash Karat, Vrinda Karat, former Prime Minister H D Deve Gowda and TDP leader Chandra Babu Naidu.
In political circles the invitations are being viewed as an exercise to revive the erstwhile third front at the Centre.
Meanwhile, grand preparations are being made for the March 15 ceremony to be held at one of the biggest grounds in the city La Martinere, which is being considered as a show of strength by the SP supremo.
This would be the first time when oath taking ceremony would be held at this venue. Earlier, BSP supremo Mayawati celebrated her birthday at this place as UP CM. Earlier, Mulayam Singh himself had taken oath at K D Singh Babu stadium.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- DNA analysis of Yakub Memon's final moments in Nagpur Jail
- SC order on Yakub Memon huge disappointment, setback: Owaisi
- Last rites of Gurdaspur attack martyr Baljit Singh in Kapurthala
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Has President Pranab Mukherjee rejected Yakub Memon's mercy plea?
- SC refuses stay on Yakub Memon's hanging: As it happened
- 2 NDA, 4 UPA leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim before 26/11: Report