Gang of train robbers busted; 3 arrested
Ghaziabad: In an extensive drive against train robbers on the heels of dacoity in Lucknow Mail Express, Government Railway Police (GRP) has busted a gang with the arrest of its three active members from railway station here.
"Jewellery, four stolen mobile phones and a country-made pistol were recovered from them," a GRP official said.
Om Prakash, Bhupendra and Ombeer used to rob passengers in locals as well as express trains, he said.
On the night of April 21, passengers of two trains, one starting from Delhi and another bound for the national capital, were robbed of valuables, cash and assaulted by a group of six unidentified armed assailants in Moradabad and Ghaziabad.
"We have arrested the trio yesterday from Ghaziabad railway station and are interrogating them about hideouts of their accomplices, who would be arrested soon. Accused used to loot passengers at knife and gun point and get off the train by pulling its chain," said a senior GRP officer.
"We are scanning the records of such robbers, who have earlier arrested for loot in trains. Police are also closely monitoring the footages of CCTV installed at railway stations," officer also added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on breaking the law over cow security
- Panel discussion on breaking the law over cow security - Part II
- Panel discussion on breaking the law over cow security - Part III
- When will Indian roads become free from potholes and open manholes?
- When will Indian roads become free from potholes and open manholes? - Part II
- Watch: Tiger Shroff, alleged girlfriend Disha Patani's sizzling chemistry is unmissable in 'Befikra'!
- Three Naxals shot dead by security forces in Chhattisgarh
- Drug that helps addicts may benefit cancer patients too
- Come clean by September 30: FM Arun Jaitley to black money holders
- Market tries to recover from Brexit blow, Sensex up 122 points