Gang of train robbers busted; 3 arrested
Ghaziabad: In an extensive drive against train robbers on the heels of dacoity in Lucknow Mail Express, Government Railway Police (GRP) has busted a gang with the arrest of its three active members from railway station here.
"Jewellery, four stolen mobile phones and a country-made pistol were recovered from them," a GRP official said.
Om Prakash, Bhupendra and Ombeer used to rob passengers in locals as well as express trains, he said.
On the night of April 21, passengers of two trains, one starting from Delhi and another bound for the national capital, were robbed of valuables, cash and assaulted by a group of six unidentified armed assailants in Moradabad and Ghaziabad.
"We have arrested the trio yesterday from Ghaziabad railway station and are interrogating them about hideouts of their accomplices, who would be arrested soon. Accused used to loot passengers at knife and gun point and get off the train by pulling its chain," said a senior GRP officer.
"We are scanning the records of such robbers, who have earlier arrested for loot in trains. Police are also closely monitoring the footages of CCTV installed at railway stations," officer also added.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Heart-wrenching reality of Kashmiri pandits
- DNA: Bengaluru's Mount Carmel college students show country's ideology to Rahul Gandhi
- Proud to be an Indian, no plans to leave the country, says Aamir Khan
- Rahul Gandhi's embarrassment in front of Bengaluru college students
- DNA: Aamir Khan clarifies his love towards nation but sticks to previous statement
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- WATCH: Rahul Gandhi asks 'Is Swachh Bharat working', Mount Carmel girls yell 'Yessss'
- Yuvraj Singh completes 8000 runs in first class cricket
- Eat smart to slow down ageing and increase longevity!
- Islamic State 'poster girl' beaten to death by jihadists