Govt to challenge Barabanki court order on `HuJI operatives`
Barabanki/Lucknow: UP government`s plea to withdraw a case against two alleged HuJI operatives in connection with seizure of explosives in Barabanki after the 2007 Gorakhpur blasts was on Friday rejected by a court, an order the state administration decided to challenge.
Special Sessions Judge (SC/ST) at Barabanki Kalpana Mishra rejected the application moved by the government on April 26 to withdraw cases against Tariq Kasmi and Khalid Mujahid, who are also accused in the Gorakhpur serial blasts case.
After the court order, UP Minister Azam Khan said in Lucknow the state government would file an appeal against it.
"This is not the last court. An appeal would be filed against the Barabanki court decision," he said.
"The government has its own right and the court, its own. There should not be any clash between the government and the court. This is proved in the manner in which the government recently implemented the orders of the high court," Khan said.
"But if someone is proved innocent in police investigation he should get justice," he said, adding, "If the government does not do justice with the innocent, it amounts to injustice."
Citing reasons for rejection of the application, Kasmi`s counsel Randheer Singh Suman told PTI that the government had said in its application that it wanted to withdraw the case in public interest and for the sake of communal harmony, but had not elaborated on both the points.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shocking: New ISIS video shows English-speaking boy beheading man
- Watch: Hafiz Saeed warns India of more terror attacks
- DNA: Army declares all soldiers in Siachen avalanche dead
- DNA: Indian Navy set to conduct International Fleet Review 2016
- Modi should not think of sending forces to fight ISIS: AIMIM chief Owaisi
- `Jawaharlal Nehru awarded the man who stole Subhas Chandra Bose's INA treasure`
- Ten Army soldiers missing in Siachen avalanche presumed dead; PM Modi 'salutes' martyrs
- ‘Ghayal Once Again’ tweet review
- Deepika Padukone's first shot from 'XXX 3' revealed! See pic
- Hashim Amla refuses to be interviewed by 'underdressed' Indian TV anchor: Report