HC lawyers decide to resume judicial work from Thursday
Allahabad: Advocates of the Allahabad High Court today decided to resume judicial work from Thursday, ending a fortnight-long stir in protest against the proposed creation of a separate bench for western Uttar Pradesh.
A decision to this effect was announced at a general body meeting of the High Court Bar Association which was addressed by its president Kandarp Narayan Mishra and secretary Prabha Shankar Mishra.
The HCBA office-bearers informed the agitating lawyers that in view of "assurances received from Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav and Chief Justice Shiva Kirti Singh, we shall resume judicial work when the court reopens after the Janmashtami holiday tomorrow".
The High Court Bar Association (HCBA) had begun its agitation on August 13 in the wake of the Union Law Minister Kapil Sibal having reportedly sought the approval of the state government for creation of a separate bench of the High Court.
Significantly, the decision to resume work came a day after the lawyers` stir had hit a crescendo with hundreds of advocates here courting arrest as a mark of protest against attempts by legal practitioners of western UP to press the demand for a separate bench by making an unsuccessful bid to gherao the Taj Mahal at Agra.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof