HC stays UPPSC from holding PCS (J) mains exam
Allahabad: The Allahabad High Court on Thursday stayed the mains examination for Provincial Civil Services (Judicial), scheduled to begin on Saturday, following allegations of anomalies in the prelims question paper.
The order was passed by a Division Bench, comprising Justices Rajesh Kumar and Manoj Misra, on a writ petition alleging that there were mistakes in the General Knowledge paper of the Prelims examinations held earlier this year.
The petition was filed by Manoj Kumar Yadav and others.
They have claimed that a number of candidates were declared successful despite giving wrong answers to the multiple choice questions, while many deserving ones had failed to make it to the Mains because of the discrepancy.
Fixing October 10 as the next date of hearing, the court restrained the Uttar Pradesh Public Service Commission from holding the Mains exam for PCS(J) from September 28.
The court also ordered setting up of a four-member experts committee to look into the allegations.
The committee was also directed to submit its report before the court by the next date of hearing.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof