Heavy rains claim four lives in Uttar Pradesh
Lucknow: Four persons lost their lives in rain-related incidents as heavy rains lashed parts of Uttar Pradesh and rivers like Sharda, Quano, Rapti and Budhi Rapti were flowing above danger mark.
A woman and a child drowned in an overflowing canal in Sitapur, while a man died in Sultanpur and another in Barabanki due to wall collapse.
According to Central Water Commission, Ganga was maintaining an upward trend from Fatehgarh to Kanpur, while Sharda continued to flow above the danger mark at Palia Kalan though it was now static. Rapti was rising all along from Balrampur to Gorakhpur, it said.
Burhi Rapti, a small river, was flowing above the danger mark at Siddhartnagar and was rising and Quano was also above the danger mark at Gonda and rising.
Quano was flooded at Santkabirnagar, flowing above the danger mark and rising rapidly, it said.
Four persons, including a minor, died in rain-related incidents due to heavy rains during past 24 hours.
Dhan Devi (40) and her nephew Arjun (8) drowned in an overflowing canal in Sitapur. Raja Ram died and his wife was seriously injured in a wall collapse incident in Sultanpur.
In Barabanki, Mata Badal (65) also died in a wall-collapse incident.
Four persons, including two children, had died yesterday in wall-collapse incidents in Faizabad and Azamgarh.
Some parts of the state received heavy rains with Allahabad recording the maximum rainfall of 161 mm followed by Bijnore - 113 mm and Barabanki - 84.4 mm.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video