IAS suspension an effort by SP govt to hide `failures`: BSP
Fatehpur: The BSP on Wednesday termed the suspension of IAS officer Durga Shakti Nagpal an effort by the Samajwadi Party government to divert the attention of people from its "failures" and mislead a section of the society.
"By suspending Nagpal on the pretext of punishing her for the demolition of a mosque wall, SP government has tried to serve a message to a section of society that we are with you but all this is a mere eyewash," BSP general secretary and former minister Naseemuddin Siddiqui told reporters here.
There have been other cases of riots in the state but at none of these places any official was suspended, he said.
"The reality is that SP office bearers are involved in illegal mining in Uttar Pradesh with the help of their goons and this (illegal mining) is the real cause behind her suspension," Siddiqui said.
The BSP leader said Nagpal had lodged a complaint against the brother of SP leader who was allegedly involved in illegal mining after which she was suspended in mere 41 minutes.
Siddiqui exhorted the people to give a befitting answer to "such" a government in the coming Lok Sabha elections.
- Discussion on Rahul Gandhi's involvement in AgustaWestland chopper scam
- Discussion on Rahul Gandhi's involvement in AgustaWestland chopper scam - Part II
- Discussion on Rahul Gandhi's involvement in AgustaWestland chopper scam -Part III
- Discussion on Rahul Gandhi's involvement in AgustaWestland chopper scam - Part IV
- DNA : Why BJP is linking Rahul Gandhi to AgustaWestland scam
- Mamata Banerjee trying to influence polls with police help: CPI-M
- 63rd National Film Awards: Amitabh Bachchan, Kangana Ranaut receive top honours
- Apple will not be selling used iPhones in India
- Book auto rides on Jugnoo via Facebook messenger through these easy steps
- Find out: What Sunrisers Hyderabad's Yuvraj Singh is doing before his first IPL 9 game