IAS suspension an effort by SP govt to hide `failures`: BSP
Fatehpur: The BSP on Wednesday termed the suspension of IAS officer Durga Shakti Nagpal an effort by the Samajwadi Party government to divert the attention of people from its "failures" and mislead a section of the society.
"By suspending Nagpal on the pretext of punishing her for the demolition of a mosque wall, SP government has tried to serve a message to a section of society that we are with you but all this is a mere eyewash," BSP general secretary and former minister Naseemuddin Siddiqui told reporters here.
There have been other cases of riots in the state but at none of these places any official was suspended, he said.
"The reality is that SP office bearers are involved in illegal mining in Uttar Pradesh with the help of their goons and this (illegal mining) is the real cause behind her suspension," Siddiqui said.
The BSP leader said Nagpal had lodged a complaint against the brother of SP leader who was allegedly involved in illegal mining after which she was suspended in mere 41 minutes.
Siddiqui exhorted the people to give a befitting answer to "such" a government in the coming Lok Sabha elections.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- RJD strongman Shahabuddin brought to Delhi
- UP elections in third phase; voting on 69 seats of 12 districts
- Panel discussion over why SP government is backing Gayatri Prajapati
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating on 'record' Puma deal
- J&K: 26 soldiers martyred, 22 militants killed as Army steps up security in Valley
- Virat Kohli becomes first Indian sportsperson to sign Rs 100-crore endorsement deal