IAS suspension an effort by SP govt to hide `failures`: BSP
Fatehpur: The BSP on Wednesday termed the suspension of IAS officer Durga Shakti Nagpal an effort by the Samajwadi Party government to divert the attention of people from its "failures" and mislead a section of the society.
"By suspending Nagpal on the pretext of punishing her for the demolition of a mosque wall, SP government has tried to serve a message to a section of society that we are with you but all this is a mere eyewash," BSP general secretary and former minister Naseemuddin Siddiqui told reporters here.
There have been other cases of riots in the state but at none of these places any official was suspended, he said.
"The reality is that SP office bearers are involved in illegal mining in Uttar Pradesh with the help of their goons and this (illegal mining) is the real cause behind her suspension," Siddiqui said.
The BSP leader said Nagpal had lodged a complaint against the brother of SP leader who was allegedly involved in illegal mining after which she was suspended in mere 41 minutes.
Siddiqui exhorted the people to give a befitting answer to "such" a government in the coming Lok Sabha elections.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 11-year old Odisha boy to get football training at Bayern Munich in Germany
- China warns India against deploying BrahMos cruise missile in Arunachal Pradesh
- One killed in TV channel office attack in Karachi
- Gujarat: Journalist working for local daily found dead in his Junagadh office
- Watch: How floods throw normal life out of gear across country
- Grand Welcome for champions: After Telangana, Andhra Pradesh government felicitates PV Sindhu, Pullela Gopichand
- Google rolls out Android Nougat, Nexus phones to get it first
- Watch: Sonakshi Sinha, Remo D'souza's 'Beat Pe Booty' will make you want to hit dance floor too
- Watch: ISIS-style kidnapping of BJP leader's son by ULFA militants in Assam
- Apple boosts health while Microsoft revs machine smarts