IAS suspension an effort by SP govt to hide `failures`: BSP
Fatehpur: The BSP on Wednesday termed the suspension of IAS officer Durga Shakti Nagpal an effort by the Samajwadi Party government to divert the attention of people from its "failures" and mislead a section of the society.
"By suspending Nagpal on the pretext of punishing her for the demolition of a mosque wall, SP government has tried to serve a message to a section of society that we are with you but all this is a mere eyewash," BSP general secretary and former minister Naseemuddin Siddiqui told reporters here.
There have been other cases of riots in the state but at none of these places any official was suspended, he said.
"The reality is that SP office bearers are involved in illegal mining in Uttar Pradesh with the help of their goons and this (illegal mining) is the real cause behind her suspension," Siddiqui said.
The BSP leader said Nagpal had lodged a complaint against the brother of SP leader who was allegedly involved in illegal mining after which she was suspended in mere 41 minutes.
Siddiqui exhorted the people to give a befitting answer to "such" a government in the coming Lok Sabha elections.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- Pierce Brosnan 'deeply shocked and saddened' because of Pan Masala brand ad
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you