Illegal custody: CB-CID files chargesheet against 6 cops
Muzaffarnagar: CB-CID has filed a chargesheet against six policemen, including a Station House Officer, in a case of alleged illegal detention of a youth and implicating him in two false cases in Shamli district in 2004.
The chargesheet was filed by the Uttar Pradesh Crime Branch of Crime Investigation Department (CBCID) in a local court here yesterday.
The case was registered following the directions of the National Human Rights Commission after the victim, Dharmendra, approached the commission alleging that he was illegally detained and implicated in false cases by staff of Kandhla police station in 2004, a CBCID official said.
A case against the then SHO of Kandhla police station Jitendra Kumar Tomer, Head Constable Sahenserpal Singh, Constables Satpal, Shakeel, Ahmad Haroon and Arvind Kumar were filed in a local court.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video