Indicted by UP Lokayukta, state minister resigns
Lucknow: After being indicted by Uttar Pradesh
Lokayukta, Minister of State Ratan Lal Ahirwar on Thursday resigned,
becoming the fifth tainted minister to have put in his papers.
"Minister of State for Ambedkar Village Development
Department Ahriwar submitted his resignation this morning and
it has been accepted by Governor B L Joshi," an official
Panchayati Raj Minister Swami Prasad Maurya has been given
charge of the department, he said.
Ahirwar is the fifth minister to be removed from the post
after Rajesh Tripathi, Awadhpal Singh, Rangnath Mishra and
Badshah Singh, who too faced corruption charges.
Ahirwar was reportedly summoned by Chief Minister Mayawati
yesterday triggering speculation regarding his resignation.
Lokayukta Justice N K Mehrotra in his report sent to the
Chief Minister on Monday recommended removal of Ahirwar,
indicting him on charges of misusing his local area
development fund and encroaching on village land.
Justice Mehrotra said Ahriwar should be removed from the
post as the case cannot be finalised if he continues to be
The Lokayukta also sought recovery of funds allocated to a
school run by his trust.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Zee Media Exclusive: Kangana, Madhavan talk about their film 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns'
- DNA: Harmful chemicals found in Maggi, Nestle India still in denial mode
- CM Kejriwal shortlists 39 'unwanted' IAS officers in Delhi
- Rajasthan: Gujjars revive reservation agitation, block rail track
- DNA: Modi-led NDA govt's hits and misses in one year
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with Congress leader Kamal Nath
- J Jayalalithaa sworn-in as Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Mumbai: One injured in shootout at Film City
- ISIS to buy first nuclear weapon from Pak?
- Mumbai: CCTV captures assailant with gun at Film City
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- BJP now central pole of Indian politics: Arun Jaitley
- Maharashtra FDA sends Maggi noodles for lab testing
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- See what can Maggi do to your health!
- IPL 2015, Qualifier 2: CSK vs RCB - As it happened...
- India to soon have its own space shuttle!
- PM Narendra Modi graces Digvijay Singh's son wedding reception
- Rahul Gandhi to pressurise govt to act on one-rank-one-pension issue
- Goa Board SSC Exam Results 2015 announced
- ISIS close to buying nuclear weapon from Pakistan?
- CBSE 12th Results 2015: CBSE Board Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic class 12th XII board exam Results 2015 date announced
- Manohar Parrikar visits forward areas along LoC, reviews security situation
- Businessman shot next to Amitabh Bachchan's shooting location in Mumbai Film City
- There will be no delay in appointing CIC, CVC: Jitendra Singh
- Credibility of Prime Minister's Office restored by BJP, says Arun Jaitley
- ISIS justifies raping slave girls, says Michelle Obama is 'worth $40'
- CBSE Board 10th Results 2015: Cbse.nic.in & Cbseresults.nic class 10th X board exam results 2015 date announced
- LIVE SCORE: 1st Test, Day 2 - England vs New Zealand
- Arvind Kejriwal to highlight AAP govt's 100 days work on Monday