Jolt for Paswan; six nominees leave party
Badaun (UP): The Lok Janshakti Party led by
Ram Vilas Paswan received a severe jolt today with six of its
nominees returning tickets and symbols and joining the
Rashtriya Parivartan Dal led by D P Yadav.
Alleging that LJP did not fulfil its promise of getting
stars for campaigning and providing electioneering material,
these candidates have resigned from the party, district unit
president of LJP Ram Vilas Yadav, himself a candidate from
Gannaur seat, said.
They later joined the Rashtriya Parivartan Dal in the
presence of D P Yadav who hoped that the presence of these
young leaders would further strengthen the party.
Those who resigned from the LJP included the candidates
from Bilsi, Badaun, Bisauli, Sahaswan, Sehkupur besides
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Grief stricken people shout slogans as Kalam's body carried out of hospital
- Kalam's advisor recalls his last moments with the great scientist
- To Sir with Love: School kids pay tribute to Dr Kalam
- DNA: Gurdaspur terror attack- As it happened
- India mourns APJ Abdul Kalam; PM to receive body at Palam airport
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- SC hearing on 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's curative plea
- India's 'original rocket man': Abdul Kalam's phenomenal contribution to Science
- APJ Abdul Kalam: Not Hindu, Not Muslim – Death of an 'Indian'
- Parliament pays tributes to Dr APJ Abdul Kalam, calls him 'real gem' of India