Jolt for Paswan; six nominees leave party
Badaun (UP): The Lok Janshakti Party led by
Ram Vilas Paswan received a severe jolt today with six of its
nominees returning tickets and symbols and joining the
Rashtriya Parivartan Dal led by D P Yadav.
Alleging that LJP did not fulfil its promise of getting
stars for campaigning and providing electioneering material,
these candidates have resigned from the party, district unit
president of LJP Ram Vilas Yadav, himself a candidate from
Gannaur seat, said.
They later joined the Rashtriya Parivartan Dal in the
presence of D P Yadav who hoped that the presence of these
young leaders would further strengthen the party.
Those who resigned from the LJP included the candidates
from Bilsi, Badaun, Bisauli, Sahaswan, Sehkupur besides
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- Panel discussion over why SP government is backing Gayatri Prajapati
- Why is religion being made the basis of election campaigns in UP?
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!
- Virat Kohli becomes first Indian sportsperson to sign Rs 100-crore endorsement deal
- Sony Xperia X gets a price cut of whopping Rs 14,000