Jolt for Paswan; six nominees leave party
Badaun (UP): The Lok Janshakti Party led by
Ram Vilas Paswan received a severe jolt today with six of its
nominees returning tickets and symbols and joining the
Rashtriya Parivartan Dal led by D P Yadav.
Alleging that LJP did not fulfil its promise of getting
stars for campaigning and providing electioneering material,
these candidates have resigned from the party, district unit
president of LJP Ram Vilas Yadav, himself a candidate from
Gannaur seat, said.
They later joined the Rashtriya Parivartan Dal in the
presence of D P Yadav who hoped that the presence of these
young leaders would further strengthen the party.
Those who resigned from the LJP included the candidates
from Bilsi, Badaun, Bisauli, Sahaswan, Sehkupur besides
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of controversies on inclusion of 'NEET' in private medical colleges
- DNA: Analysis of controversies on inclusion of 'NEET' in private medical colleges - Part II
- DNA: How BSF soldiers guard the border in scorching summer heat
- DNA: Why is Congress taking support of affidavits to ensure alliance of MLA's?
- DNA: Analysis of how cancer is increasing death toll in India
- IPL 2016, Eliminator: SRH beat KKR by 22 runs; play Gujarat in 2nd qualifier for place in final
- Telangana TS EAMCET Results 2016: Engineering, Agriculture and Medical Common Entrance Test (TS EAMCET) results likely to be declared on May 26 (Thursday) on www.tseamcet.in at 11 AM
- ISRO to test next reusable launch vehicle after studying data of May 23 flight
- Beware! Grilled food not good for health!
- WhatsApp leads messaging apps globally